a/c in rooms

How "good" is the A/c in the cabins? Can you turn it down and it actually works, unlike many hotel rooms were you turn it down to 68 but it's still pumping out 75 degrees.

Neither me or my husband can sleep in warm, stuffy rooms.

Can we get a fan if we request it or should we bring a mini one?

We pretty much turn it down cold for at night then up for warmer during the day, but we're clueless as to what the temperature actually is. Next week, we're bringing plug-in a nite light that has a thermometer built in. I hope this helps us know what the room is set at so we can control that little dial better.

And, yes I have seen small fans in rooms.

I really don't think you are going to find a completely reliable answer. Yes, there will be a thermostat (without degree markings). But the range of temperature it will actually produce not only varies from ship to ship, but often from room to room (in different areas) on the same ship.

I have only had one experience with an AC unit not working well and it was with another line. They provided us with a fan and had it fixed by days end. We showered at the spa that day so our cabin didn't get stuffy. If you want COLD then turn it all the way to cool before you leave for the evening and when you return it will be COOL, You may need a blanket to cover over you as you sleep, During the day and while in port the units don't cool as well. I usually set it at the mid point during the day and crank it almost to the coldest after dinner. Yes you can bring a fan from home. You should not rely on the ship to provide one as the only have about 10 per deck(what I was told) an they like to keep those for when there is an issue with the AC. You may need to bring a 6 -10 ft extension cord for it depending upon the built in code on the fan.

Bring a small, 6" fan tucked in your checked luggage and an extension cord for it.

On port days when we wanted to sit and read on our balcony and it was hot and there was no breeze at all, the fan was wonderful out on our balcony.

Thank you! My husband likes to freeze us :) And I just don't like it stuffy (can't sleep well)

If you find it warm, a quick call to Maintnance might be in order. We too like it cold and on or last Brillance cruise thy switched out the filter and made some adjustment. Worked beautifully thereafter. Worth a try.

We also found out, from the Maintenance Dept., that if a neighboring cabin has their balcony door open that it can affect the a/c temperatures for the cabins around them.

I am not sure how true this is but this is what we were told when we were having problems with our a/c unit during one of our cruises.

Archived