recent TP cruisers--need a review

sunsetme

please post a recent review for those of you who have been on TP in the past 6 months. the most recent is from october, anxious to know what drydock improvements might have been made, anything new in the ports, etc.

We sailed the TP in March. I have a two part review under the Pacific Islands (ports) section. The formal review I submitted months ago has not posted. My review was mostly about the ports - we did everything on our own.

We LOVED this cruise and cannot wait to go back again. The biggest tip I have is about the last day. We had an AWESOME last day going to the black sand beach by taking the local #14 bus from Papeete (air conditioned) to Mahina. I have NEVER heard anyone talk about this, but it was SOO easy. We went to the tourinst information center, where they spoke English, gave us a map and easy directions for the bus and the beach. We were the only ship people there - other tourists and locals. It is a soft black sand beach with gentle waves (no snorkeling). Moorea is off in the background and there is a pretty Tahiti hillside next to you. There is a snack bar and tables in the shade. It was just a very pleasant way to spend the day (if you love the beach). We had left our hand luggage in the Grill on the ship and our passports and jewelry in the Purser's safe. When we took the bus back, it left us at the Marche (market) where we wanted to do some last minute shopping anyway, then a short walk back to the ship. Showered in the Spa, had dinner, then took a taxi to the airport (the day we left, it was the only way to go, we had no lines to wait in at the airport vs the Princess shuttle).

Have a great time, we can't wait to go back.

Tammy

Archived