NYC hotel July 4th

panurse

NJ will be cheaper.

We've done the Times Square Westin twice for the fireworks. Need to be on a highish floor (over 20), and you'll probably have an angled view as a new tall building has come up further west also between 42nd and 43rd, but it's still a good view and you might get a good rate. Just make sure you get a West facing room (book it on the phone with the property and get a written confirmation). Windows even open and you can hear the sound a bit.

How much do you want to spend?

The Gansevoort has one heck of a 4th of July party for the fireworks. Plan on spending at least $500 for one night. The place is over the top. We spent New Years Eve there a few years ago.

A little less on the spendy scale is the W in Hoboken or any of the 4* hotels on the NJ side. You can usually bid on Priceline or use Hotwire to get one of the 4* hotels (W, Westin or Hyatt). You will have a great view of the fireworks even if you don't get a high floor room. You may have to go outside but all three hotels are right on the river.

Just another option which allows you to stay in an inexpensive NJ hotel (like around Secaucus or Meadowlands)-take one of the 4th of July cruises. They are dinner cruises. Usually about $125pp. Open bar, buffet and about as close to the fireworks as you can get. I sent all my NYC employees on a river boat last 4th of July. They had a great time. This is the company we booked through although I cannot for the life of me remember which boat we used.

http://july4thcruises.com/new-york-city-july-4-cruise-tickets.php?gclid=CJfKjdjJ8rUCFe4-MgoduVUAsg

And one of my drivers last year had a delivery in the Meatpacking district at 1AM, July 5. He had never even been into Manhattan before. But had a great time sitting at West St in front of Weischel Beef watching the fireworks. If you can get down into that area, you can park at any of the meat places and watch from the river. Enjoy!!!

Archived