Where to buy a data capable nano-SIM for iPhone

rdtsmith1234

I'm trying to look into this for my new iPad Mini for my trip in May.

Good thing your iPhone is already unlocked. Can't do anything without that.

It looks like TIM (the Italian Phone co) and Vodaphone has nano sim cards for the iPhone. There is another company, Wind, but I don't know if it's just data or phone/data.

I also so far have seen that you have to go to one of their stores to buy the SIM. You are initially paying for the SIM and some time. After that, you should be able to to into a Tabacchi store and buy a recharge card.

Somewhere I read that the kiosks selling SIMs at FCO are expensive paid services. I looked at the FCO map and it looked like, weirdly the TIM and Vodaphone stores are in the departures area, not the arrivals.....

Thank you for your responses! Yes, someone told me too, to stay away from those kiosks selling international SIMS and to go to the tobacco shops.

It looks like I know what to look for. Someone also sent me this link. http://prepaidwithdata.wikia.com/wiki/Italy

Now the only thing I have to remember is that family and friends have my "new" phone # in case of emergency!

Thanks all!

Thank you for your responses! Yes, someone told me too, to stay away from those kiosks selling international SIMS and to go to the tobacco shops.

It looks like I know what to look for. Someone also sent me this link. http://prepaidwithdata.wikia.com/wiki/Italy

Now the only thing I have to remember is that family and friends have my "new" phone # in case of emergency!

Thanks all!

I'm not sure if the Tabacchi shops sell the SIMS - I think it's just the recharge cards.

Make a email group of your F&Fs, then just do an email to the group with the "new" number...

Oh, be sure you have your passport with you - it is required to buy the SIM.

Archived