Nostalgic Travel Inquiry

DeafOnBoard

Hello, I'm more of a lurker on the boards for the past few years. I finally registered and wrote a couple reviews. Anyways, I'm writing a novel of which the story takes place on board a ship. With all your experiences onboard ships, what would you like to see on a ship designed in a throwback style to the golden era of ocean liners? (No, this is NOT a Titanic II story - far from it. Forward-facing lounges and wraparound promenade decks are on the list already. I'm open to ideas and suggestions.

I was on Cunard's Queen Elizabeth 2 back in the 1970's when a very famous political attorney was one of the passengers. In those days passengers were given a book with the names of all the other passengers on board.

This guy worked his way through nearly all the single and young married women on board during the crossing from Southampton to New York.

I was young, but not stupid and only had one cocktail with him.

He may hold the Cunard record for serious on board 'dating'.

Grand BonVoyage parties in cabins and all over the ship with 5 guests for every passenger, reception overflowing with flowers, fruit baskets, assorted gifts waiting to be delivered to cabins and streamers, confetti and bands out on the deck for departure.

Hello, I'm more of a lurker on the boards for the past few years. I finally registered and wrote a couple reviews. Anyways, I'm writing a novel of which the story takes place on board a ship. With all your experiences onboard ships, what would you like to see on a ship designed in a throwback style to the golden era of ocean liners? (No, this is NOT a Titanic II story - far from it. Forward-facing lounges and wraparound promenade decks are on the list already. I'm open to ideas and suggestions.

No need for nostalgia on wraparound Promenade Decks. All 15 of HAL's current fleet have wraparound promenade. It is a trademark of the design for their ships and those decks are wonderful!!!

Do you want realistic suggestions or 'in your dreams that might ever happen" suggestions?

Archived