Pride Delayed

LindyWebb

We just got an email the the Pride is delayed and not to get there til 2. I do not want to get there and wait and wait. Is there anyway to find out when the boat arrives? Are there web cams anywhere in Baltimore or on the Pride? I have read about major delays during embarking lately on the Pride and I want to avoid it!

She usually picks up the pilot off Va. Beach around midnight-1am so she doesn't look that far from where I'd expect right now although not doing full speed at this point. Could weather have slowed her down? Not unheard of for the Pride. It's a long run from the Bahamas to Baltimore.

Another thought - did the email actually say she is delayed? Or was it just the "don't arrive until 2pm" email that Carnival has been sending almost everyone here recently to stagger arrivals at the port?

Really suprised to see she appears to have missed Nassau! Hoping she gets here on time (well, her new time) and next week's cruise is uneventful... Our last Pride cruise was cancelled, this one better not be!

ETA: It wasn't the usual email, it said she'll be arriving around 11and not to arrive at port until 2... we also received phone calls about it.

Slow I get but why miss Nassau? Just getting nervous!

Could be a couple reasons - weather being the primary one. The other one is that the Nassau port authority has been overbooking ships here recently and several have been turned away from docking here recently. Another would be a if the ship were diverted for a medical emergency and couldn't make the distance to the port.

Really suprised to see she appears to have missed Nassau! Hoping she gets here on time (well, her new time) and next week's cruise is uneventful... Our last Pride cruise was cancelled, this one better not be!

ETA: It wasn't the usual email, it said she'll be arriving around 11and not to arrive at port until 2... we also received phone calls about it.

Just another thought - and this is complete speculation on my part - could be that she's not going to be able to enter Hampton Roads on time for some reason due to port traffic or maybe military reasons. Don't know if there's anything going on down that way or not, but the Navy would take precedence if they had an exercise or something going on that could delay entry to Hampton Roads and the Bay.

April will be our 3rd Pride cruise. Very concerned about this one! I have seen quite a few posts of concern! I am so excited about our upcoming cruise but after reading so many posts here....I am nervous! I hope all is ok and my family will have a great time in April!

Someone just posted on the roll call for today's cruise that they should be alongside at 11. They said high winds and high seas caused the delay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info! Did you miss Nassau? Saw a post that you did. Just wondering why?

Archived