Looking for economical transport from iah to port

washmom

Anyone have reasonable rate ideas for getting from iah to galviston port? Traveling with family of 4. Is supershuttle for $150.00 the best rate?

Washmom from grand rapids, Mi

Try limos

Cornerstone elite

Extreme elegance

I found an extremely cheap weekly rental car rate from Houston Hobby. The weekly rate is $104 for a full sized car. We are coming a day earlier (Friday so with the extra day and taxes the rental is $167 total. With parking (at the hotel) and gas it should cost me about $225 RT for 5 people.

I booked it through Priceline and it is NOT a name your own price rate. I could not find any similar deals from the IAH airport, but I can get a one way rental from IAH to HOU for about $50 to pick up my cheap weekly rental and still be ahead of the Limo/Van rates for 5 people from IAH or HOU.

By the way, although I read several messages from people who had successfully rented one way rentals from Enterprise from the airport to Galveston, they are no longer accepting one way rentals in Galveston!:(

It seems really silly that a weekly car rental is cheaper than van service to Galveston and the Cruise companies need to figure out a better, cheaper way to get their passengers to the port. Adding $400 to my expenses for an airport transfer is ridiculous and I will never cruise out of Galveston again.

We will be on the Crown Princess sailing March 30.

Archived