Does Anyone Know.....

Italy52

Does anyone know what percentage a TA gets for a cruise booking? If I transfer my future cruise booking to the TA, does he/she still get their comission? Thanks in advance for the response(s).

I don't know what the percentage is, but I did call my TA yesterday to find out if I could transfer an open booking I plan to purchase on the Diamond next month to her (the TA). They actually had the Princess rep there in the office when I called so she verified that yes, you can. If you haven't purchased it already just let them know that you want a TA to handle it when you pick a cruise. If you already have it, your TA can handle the transfer.

Hope this helps :)

Does anyone know what percentage a TA gets for a cruise booking? If I transfer my future cruise booking to the TA, does he/she still get their comission? Thanks in advance for the response(s).

The percentage varies according to how much business an agency does with a cruise line. It can be anywhere from 5% for small agencies to 18% for the mega internet agencies. Then there is whatever arrangement an individual agent has within their agency. Some have a 40/60 cut, others 50/50, and some agents work on straight salary instead of commission. The only time a TA gets the full cruise line commission would be if they were the only employee in the agency. If you transfer your Princess booking to a TA, the TA will get the commission.

Archived