Couples switching rooms, so men can get cheers package?

RIGUY40

[quote name='che5904']
The way the package is now.
Both parties think they will drink enough to cover the cost of the package, so purchase it. Then with being busy, going into ports for most of the port day, certain drinks not covered etc etc. One or both do not drink their own 15 drinks a day. Carnival has just made money on their extra drinks they have paid for in the package and not actually drank.
[/quote]I don't consider the 15 drinks/day as a goal. I would break even with 5-6 drinks per day. A couple of Mimosas at breakfast, a few beers around the pool, a few glasses of wine with dinner, and a few cocktails in the evening and I would be ahead of the game without a doubt. Even on port days.

[quote name='golfadj']As far as I can tell it is if only husband takes it and wife doesnt, husband will in many cases get drinks and give to wife, or vice versa.[/QUOTE]

While this is no doubt part of the logic for having all guests in one cabin that are 21 and over have to purchase the program it still doesn't make much sense. The limit is still 15 drinks per day. So what if they are shared between two people or one?

[quote name='StillPooh']I don't consider the 15 drinks/day as a goal. I would break even with 5-6 drinks per day. A couple of Mimosas at breakfast, a few beers around the pool, a few glasses of wine with dinner, and a few cocktails in the evening and I would be ahead of the game without a doubt. Even on port days.[/quote]

I think you better re-read my entire post. I didn't say anywhere, that anyone's goal was 15 drinks or that you needed 15 drinks to cover the cost. I said "both parties think they will [B]drink enough to cover the cost[/B]". If you have worked that out to be 5-6 good for you. I also said [B]Carnival was counting on most not drinking[/B] 15/day pp, therefore making more money than they would if only 1 person was able to purchase the package and split it with their spouse.

That post was only to explain what I felt Carnivals business plan was, in making the decision they did in response to the post I was quoting.

[quote name='halos']But that's the thing...I would think that selling the package individually would be better for them as more people would likely opt into it and likely NOT drink all that.
We don't buy it because there is no way I'd get my money's worth. With my DH, it would likely be close...but I bet if we could get it just for him, he'd buy it.

:confused:

In all seriousness, it matters little to me. I just am wondering how they figure out the numbers on it...

[B][U][COLOR=red]...I get that but then why offer it at all? What's to stop one couple from giving drinks to another couple??[/COLOR][/U][/B]
The whole thing makes no sense to me.[/quote]

Have never really thought about it that way lol very true though!! a couple can get drinks for another couple as well. confusing :o

switch rooms/names.... we did for that very reason! we have 9 booked..... all wanted the drink package but 22 year old daughter doesn't drink and on a college student budget certainly couldn't afford to buy it just to appease her siblings. We switched her to a room with an 18 year old daughter and everyone else can now get the package. If we had not been able to switch, we would have just had the occasional one or two drinks at poolside and dinner would have been our own carry on wine... considering we are at port 6 out of 7 days for most of the day Carnival benefited by allowing us to switch occupants which now allows 7 packages to be purchased!

Archived