Unlimited Photo Package

I am considering purchasing this package. How exactly do they know which photos are of you again? Someone mentioned facial recognition, but where do they find the reference photo of you in the first place? Is the facial recognition software pretty accurate?

When you have your photos taken, they scan your seapass card. That way they know how to link your photos to your account. You PRE-PAY for this, however it is associated with your account, therefore linked to your seapass card.

When you have your photos taken, they scan your seapass card. That way they know how to link your photos to your account. You PRE-PAY for this, however it is associated with your account, therefore linked to your seapass card.

If you do not have the package- you only pay for what you want at the time of purchase- they do sometimes use you seapass card before you take pics, usually at the poised background sites, but for candid, port shots and dining room shots it is facial recognition or just posted daily. Those pics, if not in your folio, or on line at the kiosk, are posted on the wall in the photography department.

I just ordered this today for our upcoming FOS cruise. The prepay price was $279 (no tax) for this cruise for all of the digital prints. It was another $100 if we wanted all of the actual printed photos as well but I figure it is cheaper to just select the actual size I want and have them printed at our favorite photo place (like Costco).

We are 2 adults with our 2 children and their 2 friends spread across 3 cabins. All cabins will be included in the package (per a company rep) so any photo any of us are in will be included. Since we are traveling with an even larger group, I see the 6 of us being in TONS of photos. The girls are really looking forward to taking advantage of it.

If you are on our upcoming FOS sailing I apologize ahead of time for the girls hogging the phtographers :)

WARNING: If you order online, be sure to use a credit card that does not charge an international transaction fee or you will be out an additional $15 or so.

Just thought I'd add that if your not fussed about wanting digital copies of your pic's and just want the photo's on our TA on IOS in November the photo desk had an offer on where you could buy 10 prints of your choice for $150 but due to our C&A status (at that time being Emerald) we were offered this at $99! Which considering on the IOS the photo's are $24.95 each this was an utter bargain! :D

The offer was only one per person but if there's two of you in the room (or more) you can buy one package each.

This was great for us as we like the prints and would never bother to print our own once home if we got the digital package.

This was only available on board and the best deal we have ever had on the photo's.

Just thought I'd add that if your not fussed about wanting digital copies of your pic's and just want the photo's on our TA on IOS in November the photo desk had an offer on where you could buy 10 prints of your choice for $150 but due to our C&A status (at that time being Emerald) we were offered this at $99! Which considering on the IOS the photo's are $24.95 each this was an utter bargain! :D

The offer was only one per person but if there's two of you in the room (or more) you can buy one package each.

This was great for us as we like the prints and would never bother to print our own once home if we got the digital package.

This was only available on board and the best deal we have ever had on the photo's.

10 pics really isn't that many- think each port, boarding a few on formal nights and other nights- If you pay $249- (maybe a little more on board) you could have everything and not worry about choice- but of course you do what works for your budget.

In any case a great memory of a good time!

Does the photo package include RCI excursion pictures? I've seen people post RCI photographer photos from the landing at the zipline in Labadee and such. Or is it just the picture taken at the port?

If you are lucky enough to have the ships photographer take the picture (Some follow the tours) then yes it is included- as are pics on the ship when they (photographers) walk around and shoot random shots. Got a few with my grandchildren- the hams followed the photographs who really liked them and took many pics of them! I even have pics with two of my grandchildren and the head photographer on the ship! Very funny and nice memories!

If you are lucky enough to have the ships photographer take the picture (Some follow the tours) then yes it is included- as are pics on the ship when they (photographers) walk around and shoot random shots. Got a few with my grandchildren- the hams followed the photographs who really liked them and took many pics of them! I even have pics with two of my grandchildren and the head photographer on the ship! Very funny and nice memories!

Wonderful! Thank you :)

We were on the FOS for the Feb 24th sailing. I must admit, I totally dropped the ball on the picture thing. :( If I had my time back, I would have done things differently. We ended up in the end purchasing the unlimited photo package ($299) for the CD of digital prints, and then of course it was easy to convince me to also get, for ONLY $100 more, ALL of the printed photos. So considering that EACH print would cost you a min of $12 (small ones) and up to $25 for the 8x10's, this was a FANTASTIC deal. What it does is eliminate the need to pick and chose a few photos out of all the options. Keep in mind, $25 a pop is only 4 pictures. The last few days of the cruise you see all sorts of people huddled over a stack of photos and tryign to decide what is the best one. They make it hard to only pick one or two. If you can afford it, spend a few extra bucks and get them all.

The reason why I say I would do it differently.... There was 6 of us in my family all staying in the same suite (2 different family names) All of the photos would be included under the one stateroom number. BUT....... we only decided on the last day that the unlimited packgage was the best deal. We only had about 97 pictures in total. As fairly new crusies, and new to RCI, didn't really know how the picture thing worked. We avoided alot of the opportunities to get pictures taken. BIG MISTAKE. They take wonderful shots, no sitting fees, SO many options of differnent back drops. Yes there were photographers on Coco-Cay taking pictures of the kids and people on the beach and in the water. (LOVED the shots of my 3yr old in the sand and beach) I am disappointed we didn't get more portraits done, and if I had known ahead of time about the unlimited package, I would be one of the photo hogs as well. (the young girls seemed to like glamour shots. no offence to a previous poster) Its worth it to get all the pictures, good, bad and ugly ones for the one fee. We took serious pictures, silly and goofy ones and just had fun with it. Where else can you get professional pictures taken for such a low cost. We picked thru the printed pictures and split them up. I have the CD and will just burn another copy for the inlaws and we all have the pictures for our own use.

This is longer then I anticipated, but what I am trying to say, I strongly suggest if you like the pictures and you plan on buying some, think about the unlimited package ahead of time and take advantage of getting your pictures done. Have fun with it and you won't regret it. With the facial recognition, its cool how they associate the pics to your account, and it makes it easy for the roving photographers around the ship to capture you and you not even know it until you see some of the results. I think I covered what most other people have already stated, I am just adding my experiance to emphasize the point.

Cheers

I'm considering this. Just read through their exclusions:

Group photos booked by special appointment and other special events (20+ people, cocktail parties, award ceremonies, etc.) are not included in the Get the Picture! digital photo disc.

Weddings/Quinces services are considered a separate entity and will not be included as part of the Get the Picture! digital photo disc.

Stock shots (i.e. photos of the ship, ship interiors and ports of call) are not included in the Get the Picture! digital photo disc.

Premium portrait photography is not included in the Get the Picture! digital photo disc.

Get the Picture! digital photo disc refers to photos of guests in one stateroom, except when traveling with children 21 years and under who are part of the same family staying in a separate stateroom. You will receive all photos with a member of the purchasing stateroom, with less than 20 people in the photo.

Should for any reason (i.e. technical malfunction or change in cruise itinerary) the Get the Picture! digital photo disc is not produced during your cruise we will issue a full refund to the credit card used for your pre-purchase. There will be no partial exchanges or substitutions for another product.

Does anyone know what 'premium portrait photography' is?

This is such great info. I'm so glad to know for our June sailing! I haven't been to our pre-cruise planner yet because I know we can't do anything until two months before sailing, but do you all recommend booking this package before or wait until we get on board? Thank you all for such helpful info!

Just out of curiosity, are examples of these official photographs available on the web (preferably from an actual passenger rather than from the company)? I would like to see the standard of the photography so that I am better able to decide if I will go with the prepaid unlimited package.

Thanks to everyone for all the great info. I'm going on a cruise in September for my mom's 69th birthday. Y'all have convinced me that we should do the whole digital package. It'll be me, my 19 year old son, my sister and our mom. How many other chances will I have to make those memories and have pictures to document it. Thanks again!

I believe that is if you do a special private photo shoot with a photographer, not the usual photos done around the ship.

My boyfriend and I had premium photos taken at Picture This on the Allure. We had photographers follow us around Central Park and the Boardwalk and they got pictures of us and we got them printed as part of a package that was separate from those at Get the Picture! (i.e. the ones we took with the picture this studio weren't loaded onto our seapasses and we have to wait 6-8 weeks to receive our prints. plus they cost a ton! {$575 dollars later...}) But, they looked amazing and beautiful. Very intimate photo shoot.

We did purchase a few of the photos that showed up in the picture folder but not all of them. It was around 349.95 for ALL the pictures in the folder and a photo cd. Separately I paid 19.95 for the ones around the ship and 12.95 for the one taken in port. Totaling to about 53.25 altogether.

We have used this twice and it is a great value. Make sure you hit ALL the spots where they are taking pictures to get the most value (they usually have between 4 and 6 locations each evening). Get your picture taken when you depart the ship (get off for the pic even if you don't plan to go into port). Also, whenever you see a photographer ask them to take you picture. And by all means if you see a hardcopy that is NOT in your electronic account ask them to add it. No problem there either.

Finally, if there is a C&A coupon (I know there is for D+ and Pinnacle) it IS good for 10% off a Digital Photo Package even if you pre order through the MyCruisePhotos.com PRIOR to sailing. It is CLEARLY bolded on the coupon. Don't let anyone tell you you can't use it. We argued with the manager as he said they had not seen this used for prior purchases and they were confused about how to apply the refund. They ended up refunding our prior purchase and charged our seapass card with the discount applied. Hopefully, they have figured this out (we sailed in early January on Independence).

All in all a GREAT value if you plan to buy pictures anyway.

We have used this twice and it is a great value.

Finally, if there is a C&A coupon (I know there is for D+ and Pinnacle) it IS good for 10% off a Digital Photo Package even if you pre order through the MyCruisePhotos.com PRIOR to sailing. It is CLEARLY bolded on the coupon. Don't let anyone tell you you can't use it. We argued with the manager as he said they had not seen this used for prior purchases and they were confused about how to apply the refund. They ended up refunding our prior purchase and charged our seapass card with the discount applied. Hopefully, they have figured this out (we sailed in early January on Independence).

All in all a GREAT value if you plan to buy pictures anyway.

That's the down side of this being my first RCI cruise, I'm not C&A yet. Oh well. Can't wait for my first time on the Enchantment!

In looking at the online pre-purchase price for this stuff, it doesn't appear to be any different than the on board pricing. Am I missing something? We are D+ and planned to buy the unlimited CD with the prints ($100 extra). What is the benefit to purchasing ahead of time?

Thanks, that must be what I typed in on the second search because it did work and I'll remember to look into this option before my next cruise. I did look back through all the compass's and various papers from my recent 5 night on the Jewel and didn't find any thing about this photo package deal. Maybe it isn't available on shorter cruises. Anyway, that cruise is over and no looking back.

Cruise Critic is amazing. I learn new information and tips everytime I log on. Some topics are truely beat to death, such as tipping, but new cruisers need to know. I had been on everyday for weeks prior to the Jewel cruise and hadn't seen anything about Mycruisephotos - then yesterday there was this thread. Thanks to the person who started it.

Thanks, that must be what I typed in on the second search because it did work and I'll remember to look into this option before my next cruise. I did look back through all the compass's and various papers from my recent 5 night on the Jewel and didn't find any thing about this photo package deal. Maybe it isn't available on shorter cruises. Anyway, that cruise is over and no looking back.

Cruise Critic is amazing. I learn new information and tips everytime I log on. Some topics are truely beat to death, such as tipping, but new cruisers need to know. I had been on everyday for weeks prior to the Jewel cruise and hadn't seen anything about Mycruisephotos - then yesterday there was this thread. Thanks to the person who started it.

You're welcome - and we, too, are going on the 5 night Jewel cruise. I just don't think it is widely advertised. It is VERY easy to miss in the cruise planner. Sometimes I can't find my way back to it if I want to look something up. Just a few more days left until we are out at sea. I can't wait!

Anyone know what the cruise DVD on the website is? I assumed it was your digital pictures, but the description is "Relive your cruise experience on film. Wow your family and friends with exclusive video footage of your voyage. From ports of call to behind the scenes footage and more. Order online and claim your DVD on the last evening of your voyage." That sounds like something generic the cruise director puts together with highlights from the cruise?

I think "All your digital photos" would be all the photos specific to you, right?

Anyone know what the cruise DVD on the website is? I assumed it was your digital pictures, but the description is "Relive your cruise experience on film. Wow your family and friends with exclusive video footage of your voyage. From ports of call to behind the scenes footage and more. Order online and claim your DVD on the last evening of your voyage." That sounds like something generic the cruise director puts together with highlights from the cruise?

I think "All your digital photos" would be all the photos specific to you, right?

Yes all your digital photos are specific to you. The cruise experience on film is the highlights from the cruise. If you were in many contests, events etc will include you- if not- it is really like a marketing film.