Dressing up for formal nights

nattiesma914

Thanks to everyone for all of your advice!!!!!!!!!! I certainly was not aware that i'd need a notarized letter from my daughters father to take her on this cruise...but hopefully he will do so without a problem (he can be a real jerk!) Also, if I could wear a nice dressy shirt with black jeans or khakis and still get in the mdr, i'd do that in a heartbeat! I've also ruled out Jamaica..too many bad stories...Again, thanks to all of you!

Best not to wear jeans or khakis if you want to go to the MDR on a dress up night.

My hubby hates dressing up - but I love it - so when we cruise we look like Frank Gallagher off Shameless and Alexis Colby off Dynasty!

Onboard etiquette and dressing up rules aside, am I the only person who does not find jeans in any way comfortable? We quite often have dress down days at work and everyone rocks up in a pair -I just find them so much torture to sit in all day! Maybe I have never found a pair that is a good fit?

The thing about men wearing Jeans is that my Tux Slacks go on exactly the same way as my Jeans except it is easier to get into my Tux Slacks. My Tux Jacket is just as easy to put on as any sports jacket or suit jacket...and is actually nice if the ship is cold :). And these days it can be cheaper to buy a Tux then a good pair of jeans (we have seen jeans for over $500/pair).

Hank

The thing about men wearing Jeans is that my Tux Slacks go on exactly the same way as my Jeans except it is easier to get into my Tux Slacks. My Tux Jacket is just as easy to put on as any sports jacket or suit jacket...and is actually nice if the ship is cold :). And these days it can be cheaper to buy a Tux then a good pair of jeans (we have seen jeans for over $500/pair).

Hank

While all of this may be true, I for one am not trying to get into either your jeans or you tux slacks.

Archived