Which is the better Itinerary for adventure?

mrak

Forget the line and ship for a moment and tell me which of these itineraries is better suited for adventure. What I mean when I say adventure is, for instance, we went on a wilderness hike and cave tubing in Belize and we LOVED IT.

7 Night Eastern to: CoCo Cay (lame), St. Thomas, St. Martin

Or

8 Night Southern to: Grand Turk, La Romana, Curacao, Aruba

I appreciate anyone's input! Thanks in advance!

For us, the Southern is more adventurous. Grand Turk and Curacao have very good snorkeling. Aruba has some snorkeling areas, some beautiful big beaches, and lots of beach activities. Also, adventure excursions.

CoCo Cay is a fun beach day with lots of water toys and you can find that on St. Thomas and St. Maarten-but prefer the Southern for adventure.

IMHO the second itinerary would win hands down. Although there are many other options for private tours, check the cruise line website under shore excursions for each trip. This will give you a good overview of what's available in each port. Then you can choose to go with the cruise line tour or check back here for private tour operators in each port. Either way, you can't lose. You're on a cruise!

Thank you for the replies! Honestly, reading the Cruise critic info on the ports, it looks like there is a lot more "adventure" to be had in the Western Caribbean, where we have already been. It seems like Belize, Roatan, Costa Maya have more options in the way of hiking/wilderness/river type excursions. We were trying to avoid going to the same places that we have been before though.

We haven't been to those southern itinerary ports you listed, but I can say that St. Maarten/St. Martin is more known for its beaches than adventurous activities. It's French side is also a little bit more on the culture and the cuisine side of things rather than adventure. Adventure you can find here would be Maho Beach, with the airplanes practically landing on the beach.

Forget the line and ship for a moment and tell me which of these itineraries is better suited for adventure. What I mean when I say adventure is, for instance, we went on a wilderness hike and cave tubing in Belize and we LOVED IT.

7 Night Eastern to: CoCo Cay (lame), St. Thomas, St. Martin

Or

8 Night Southern to: Grand Turk, La Romana, Curacao, Aruba

I appreciate anyone's input! Thanks in advance!

Both are very beachy and relaxing compared to Western. Least commercial would be the 2nd one.

Archived