SHIP REVIEW - SILVER WHISPER (The World Cruise 2013)

philipb

I have just posted a review of my delightful journey aboard Silver Whisper in January 2013 (from Los Angeles to Sydney). Here is the link:

http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=216648

For the cynics who think that Silversea is a cruise line in decline I am pleased to report that there was no evidence of this on the World Cruise. Everything was absolutely first class, and having travelled widely across a variety of cruise lines over the past 36 years I believe I am impartial in my findings. What I am quite convinced of is that Seabourn are now completely outclassed by Silversea. Seabourn's 'absorption' into Holland America has been nothing short of a disaster.

Philip, thank you for your review.

We cruised with Seabourn for the first time in December, and now we've 'done' SB we realise that Silversea fits us better.

I have my eye on the Whisper Christmas Panama Canal transit. It would be our first time on the Whisper. Do you happen to know when the Whisper was last in dry dock? How are the interiors looking?

(Love the comment of the Russian taxi driver in Sydney. He certainly did miss the point!)

Thank you for sharing your review with us PhilipB! It was great to read about the incredible crew, consistently excellent food and beverage, and good guest lecturers.

Like Ravenscroft, I too enjoyed your comment of the Russian taxi driver. Too funny!

Welcome home! Now you can begin planning/dreaming of your next cruising adventure.

Do you happen to know when the Whisper was last in dry dock? How are the interiors looking?
Hi Ravenscroft. I don't know about the next dry dock for the Whisper, but we were onboard her in November and felt the ship looked lovely. Nothing out of the ordinary caught our eye.

Enjoyed your thoughtful review. We were excited about our upcoming voyage on Whisper, and even more so having the benefit of knowing she is in such fine shape. We have enjoyed every ss cruise we have taken, and look forward to so many of the pleasures of being aboard that you ticked off in your review.

The Jetts

Phillip - Thanks for a well written review...

So often effort is invested in complaining and not praising...

Thanks for taking the effort to post - you have no Idea how much a review like this means to us soon to be first timers on Silver Sea -

I'll be on the Whisper in may and am now more excited than ever!!

Especially since I also was under whelmed by SB...and consider myself pretty easy to please...

Given your Cruising experience, and the intelligence with which your review was written, I feel that I can trust your opinion - it truly seemed non-Biased and not marred by any unrealistic or inexperienced expectation.

Thanks again...

Thanks for sharing your review!! It sounds quite wonderful!!

One of the things that has worried me about an ocean crossing on the luxury lines, is ship size. (i've only crossed the atlantic on an ocean liner).

So i understand from your review, i shouldn't worry about it (but i do so enjoy worrying!! ;) )

Philip, thank you for your review.

We cruised with Seabourn for the first time in December, and now we've 'done' SB we realise that Silversea fits us better.

I have my eye on the Whisper Christmas Panama Canal transit. It would be our first time on the Whisper. Do you happen to know when the Whisper was last in dry dock? How are the interiors looking?

(Love the comment of the Russian taxi driver in Sydney. He certainly did miss the point!)

I don't know when the ship was last drydocked but I can tell you the interiors were looking fine. I believe the ship travels with an upholsterer on board who probably whisks away 'a chair a day' to reupholster or repair. I'm pretty observant (or is it nosey?!) and one quiet morning in the Panorama Lounge before breakfast I saw a crew member treating soft furnishings with 'Scotchguard'!

So all is well.

Thanks Philip for the outstanding Whisper review. We'll miss you on the other Silversea fall crossing this November--enjoy the Cloud crossing.

Thanks Wes, I shall miss you too! I see you are also doing the spring crossing. Have a great time!

Archived