Getaway Info

KrystalWaters

Well today I called my PCC to see if I could price match or get some OBC for my Getaway cruise.:D Forgive me if this is posted somewhere but......

My PCC stated he just got some new info on the Getaway in regards to entertainment. They are going to have what they call Grammy Rooms & Entertainment or "The Grammy Experience". There is going to be past Grammy winners performing on the ship. Wow!!

Also a recording studio experience where you can record your own music. There was something else but I forgot...darn it.:cool:

I'm wondering since it's a Miami theme I wonder if Gloria Estefan would showcase. PCC says you never know!:eek:

So we will see but definitely the Grammy Experience on the Getaway. How cool is that.

Question: Who would you like to see? And who do you think NCL would pick?

Interesting info. I am VERY excited for Getaway. The Grammy thing does not overly thrill me though. If they have old washed up grammy winners, not my style. But maybe a medley of past winners? Still not that great IMO. But whatever it is, I hope it will be creative.

But ALL of it will be exciting no matter what!

THANKS FOR SHARING

Interesting info. I am VERY excited for Getaway. The Grammy thing does not overly thrill me though. If they have old washed up grammy winners, not my style. But maybe a medley of past winners? Still not that great IMO. But whatever it is, I hope it will be creative.

But ALL of it will be exciting no matter what!

THANKS FOR SHARING

Yeah I guess I was thinking BIG. But I thought it was awesome that they would even attempt this....they sure are impressing me with their talent attempts.

2014 can't get here fast enough:D

Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with The Recording Academy to feature the Grammy Experience on the Norwegian Getaway, a ship scheduled to launch in February 2014.

The Grammy Experience will be located on Deck 8 and will feature artifacts chosen and curated by the Grammy Museum at L.A. Live in downtown Los Angeles.

In the evenings, the venue will feature live performances by past Grammy winners and nominees, Norwegian Cruise Line said.

Also, the partners will offer a Grammy-themed cruise that is scheduled to set sail in the fall of 2014.

Norwegian said that more details about the Grammy Experience venue, performances and the Grammy-themed cruise will be revealed in the coming months.

As part of the partnership, Norwegian Cruise Line has been named official cruise line partner of the Grammy Awards.

sorry...not for me. :rolleyes:

Yeah, does not sound very exciting. I hope this is the Getaway verison of Burn the Floor. Still hoping for THE top notch entertainment for Getaway. Lots of people have been nominated for a Grammy award. No big name is going to live in a small room at sea and sing on a cruise ship. I expect when the list is announced, we are like..... WHO is that?

A little disappointed no doubt but still booking Getaway

they put up a new video on their youtube channel.

WOW

Thanks for posting. Picked up several things from the video. The illusionist room ? That looks and sounds COOL! Did you notice the water slides are Miami colors and vibrant, different than the Breakaway. Also, all the palm trees around... golf course, pool area, etc. Cant wait to see what the Ice Bar has to feature Miami.

NOW WHO IS EXCITED

LET'S GO

:)

WOW

Thanks for posting. Picked up several things from the video. The illusionist room ? That looks and sounds COOL! Did you notice the water slides are Miami colors and vibrant, different than the Breakaway. Also, all the palm trees around... golf course, pool area, etc. Cant wait to see what the Ice Bar has to feature Miami.

NOW WHO IS EXCITED

:)

I got so excited when I saw that illusionist room and I'm not even sailing Getaway!!! (I fear I've created monsters in my children - my 7 year old said "mom, NCL added a new video to their youtube channel LOL! It's the ONLY thing on youtube she's allowed to watch. LOL!!!)

It looked really cool.

Wow thanks for the information. I would be very interested in hearing a Grammy nominated singer. At least they will obviously be able to sing well. I bet they already have some singers in mind if they have already made a grammy room. :eek: i am also sailing on the Getaway and can't wait. I booked it the week I got back from the Epic.

sounds very interesting...something I would check out. Ive got to get NCL credit, they truly think outside of the box. The illusionist room sounds fantastic.

I will probably book Getaway for December 2014 if I can wait that long. Which I dont know I can especially if the Breakaway is as amazing as I think it will be when i sail her in a few months...I may have to move my time frame up a bit. Cost would be the only hinderance for me NOT to move it earlier.

I hope they still have a broadway and circus soliel type show.

NOPE

There is an article in the Miami Herald today that states the Circus show has been replaced with a magic show. Like that there are different things on Getaway than Breakaway and Epic. It appears the illusionist room is the former circus tent (Breakaway).

Archived