Getaway Info

KrystalWaters

NOPE

There is an article in the Miami Herald today that states the Circus show has been replaced with a magic show. Like that there are different things on Getaway than Breakaway and Epic. It appears the illusionist room is the former circus tent (Breakaway).

Darn it! I know it looks like on the Breakaway that there is the circus soliel dinner AND a circus soliel broadway show in the theatre. I was just hoping to have one in theatre still. Do you have a link to that article, please. Thank you:)

NOPE

There is an article in the Miami Herald today that states the Circus show has been replaced with a magic show. Like that there are different things on Getaway than Breakaway and Epic. It appears the illusionist room is the former circus tent (Breakaway).

Check out the sticky at the top of the board re press release about the Illusionarium ( which does replace the Cirque show ), a special effects laden show with visual effects from a 30 ft wide video dome overhead.

Also discussed is the new Grammy Experience anchored by previous winners and nominees among others. Sounds like you could get anything from jazz to rock. They will have a Grammy themed cruise in Fall of 2014.

Great video! I'm really excited for NG, especially because she will be sailing practically from my back yard! I'm liking the Miami vibe and new entertainment options.

If all goes well I'll be on the inaugural transatlantic from Southampton to Miami.

Let the countdown begin!

Ernie

[quote name='david_sobe']Yes thanks Eroller for posting the pictures!

Like what I see so far. Love that even though Getaway is a sister ship to Breakaway that there are significant differences between the 2 ships.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad you're enjoying the photos. I also really like what I see so far, and agree that NG will have a vibe, feel, and atmosphere all her own.

Considering that Rock of Ages is going to be the main headliner show on NB, I'm really curious what NCL has in store for NG. She is a Miami themed ship with a Latin flavor, but there are not many Broadway style shows with a Latin theme. West Side Story is one, and interestingly enough Gloria and Emilio Estefan are producing a Latin themed Broadway play (see link below). That would be interesting if it made its way to the GETAWAY. While not a Miami theme, I could also see something like the musical Rent being featured on NG. I guess time will tell.

[url]http://popwatch.ew.com/2013/02/05/gloria-estefan-broadway-musica/[/url]

One thing missing from the pool rendering is the figurines of SpongeBob and his friends at the children's pool area. I love those characters! I'm guessing NG will have something there, but perhaps some other characters from Nickelodeon. I will miss SpongeBob!

Ernie

[quote name='eroller']I'm glad you're enjoying the photos. I also really like what I see so far, and agree that NG will have a vibe, feel, and atmosphere all her own.

Considering that Rock of Ages is going to be the main headliner show on NB, I'm really curious what NCL has in store for NG. She is a Miami themed ship with a Latin flavor, but there are not many Broadway style shows with a Latin theme. West Side Story is one, and interestingly enough Gloria and Emilio Estefan are producing a Latin themed Broadway play (see link below). That would be interesting if it made its way to the GETAWAY. While not a Miami theme, I could also see something like the musical Rent being featured on NG. I guess time will tell.

[url]http://popwatch.ew.com/2013/02/05/gloria-estefan-broadway-musica/[/url]

One thing missing from the pool rendering is the figurines of SpongeBob and his friends at the children's pool area. I love those characters! I'm guessing NG will have something there, but perhaps some other characters from Nickelodeon. I will miss SpongeBob!

Ernie[/QUOTE]

Ernie,
This is soo funny. I was talking to my hubby about the type of Broadway show it could be too. My guess was West Side Story. Ha! Great minds think alike:D
AND I was thinking Gloria Estefan too.....

Oooooooh just thought maybe Gloria is the Godmother. She is pure Miami. I'm calling that one :D

[quote name='eroller']I'm glad you're enjoying the photos. I also really like what I see so far, and agree that NG will have a vibe, feel, and atmosphere all her own.

[URL]http://popwatch.ew.com/2013/02/05/gloria-estefan-broadway-musica/[/URL]

Ernie[/quote]

You can bet that if Rent is on NG so will I. That's my favorite show of all time. Definitely very NY based, but OMG that would be amazing.

How about Stomp?

[quote name='KrystalWaters']

Oooooooh just thought maybe Gloria is the Godmother. She is pure Miami. I'm calling that one :D[/QUOTE]

Great minds do think alike! I also can't think of a more fitting Godmother, unless they reunited the entire Miami Sound Machine! LOL

Ernie

[quote name='eroller']Not sure if everyone has seen this. I really love the hull art on NG!

[IMG]http://www.ncl.com/csimages/732/145/getaway_media2_hires.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

i like the hull art on the getaway because they used the entire ship as the canvass. That is what's missing from the Breakaway, IMHO.. i keep looking at it and saying why didnt peter max go all the way down the sides with his artist drawings...

thanks for posting

[quote name='sfgnts324']Has Billy Joel won a grammy? Maybe he will be the performer.

I kid.[/QUOTE]

I would enjoy billy joel...even eric clapton...wow...even prince!!!

I would even enjoy barry manilow.. (did he when a grammy???:cool:)..im actually going to see his show in april when comes to town...i could only get one other person to go with me..no one else was interested...imagine that :D i digress. :)

but if its a grammy performer and its included in my cruise fare...i will check it out!!:p

[quote name='tiffygirl']i like the hull art on the getaway because they used the entire ship as the canvass. That is what's missing from the Breakaway, IMHO.. i keep looking at it and saying why didnt peter max go all the way down the sides with his artist drawings...

thanks for posting[/QUOTE]

I also like the fact that the artist name is not featured so prominently on the bow. I have to wonder how many people in port will think the name of NORWEGIAN BREAKAWAY is actually the Peter Max?? LOL

Archived