When would Early Saver go away?

Leo's Rule

I'm aware the ES is available up to 5 months prior to sailing for long cruises, but I'd like to know if Carnival is using the month only of your sailing or if they are also taking into account the day of your sailing?

I booked under PG for my October sailing, but may switch to ES. Final payment isn't due until August. But I'm overthinking this and confusing the heck out of myself.

Will ES go away in April or May? Will it be the first day of April or May or the end of the month?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

I don't know the correct answer but i think it's somewhere between 60 and 90 days before the sail date that the ES rate will disappear.

It's not available any longer on our upcoming July cruise, which is ~120 days away. I figured it was 5 months to the day that it would disappear, but I wasn't watching it a month ago so I can't say for certain.

It is To the Day.

I was wathcing prices for an April 26 cruises and notice that the early saver dropped sometime around Januray 26

This is what I saw as well. For our 8/4 sailing, I got an email just after 11:00 pm central on 3/3 from the fishy site that the early saver rate was gone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ES is capacity controlled and can disappear at any time. I know because I played the waiting game like your doing and it dropped a month early! I was po'd because my pvp at The time insisted I could wait. Needless to say he's not my pvp anymore.

I'm aware the ES is available up to 5 months prior to sailing for long cruises' date=' but I'd like to know if Carnival is using the month only of your sailing or if they are also taking into account the day of your sailing?

I booked under PG for my October sailing, but may switch to ES. Final payment isn't due until August. But I'm overthinking this and confusing the heck out of myself.

Will ES go away in April or May? Will it be the first day of April or May or the end of the month?

Thanks in advance for your replies.[/quote']

ES disappears 3 months before your cruise if your cruise is 5 days or less. 5 months before on 6 days and longer cruises.

Or as Sarge says they reach capacity.:)

Bill

Well I can say they can stay longer than the 5 months out if the ship isn't selling. I was looking at a May 18 and it was still showing at some point last week. It disappeared and that was like 2 months away for week long one.

To be exact, just in case someone else is counting the exact days, it would be 150 days prior to sailing that ES is cut off (if not sooner). 90 days for the 5-day cruises. We call it 5 months or 3 months, since that's easier to understand. So, for example, a 5-day sailing for May 2nd wouldn't cut off on Feb 2nd, because there are only 89 days in there. It would actually be a day or two sooner. A 5-day sailing for Sep 2nd wouldn't cut off on June 2nd, because there are 92 days in there. It would cut off a couple days later. I've seen this on my sailings.

OP, you were right for going ahead and making the switch. It's a good, high percentage gamble, especially for an Oct cruise. Sometimes, ES gets cut off early only for certain cabin categories, but not all. I've seen that on one of my sailings.

Archived