Finding a last minute suite on Carib. sailing?

tammyp5

Just found out that we will have some free time in July (7th - 28th) that I would love to fill up with a 5 - 7 day cruise to Mexico or the Caribbean (we love to snorkle).

Problem is, my husband is a very tall man (6'5) and needs a large bed, plus loves space and a little luxury, so he wants a suite. I've checked Vacations to go, Priceline and Expedia, plus some of the cruise sites, but all suites seem to be taken. Found a jr. suite on the Empress, but the square footage seems too small for an actual suite (smaller than the regular cabins on the Zuiderdam?).

We are a 30s/40s couple, no kids, looking for a quieter, more upscale ship, but would consider any with a decent sized balcony suite. I would love to hear your recommendations.

How do you get a suite at the last minute? Is there a website I'm missing?

I love this board - where else could you get so much information in one place from every demographic conceivable? What a great resource!

Thanks

T & C

Hi Tammy:) Well, the summertime is usually the busiest time of year (kids are out of school) but if you have searched those websites and couldn't find

anything my suggestion would be to try a local TA who specializies in

cruising.

There are times when they have access to things you and I might not have....

There are also other websites but we are not supposed to advertise TA's on here.

I would suggest typing in "CRUISING" in a Google search~that will bring up plenty of choices too.

Good luck and Happy Cruising:)

Archived