How does the "day-room" thing work at the Sheraton?

ldparker

I am on the TP Sept 1 thru 11. We do not have any pre or post stays but would like to do the "day-room" thing at the Sheraton on that last day before the plane leaves at 11:00 PM.

Does anyone know how this works? Should I reserve a room for the entire night or do they have a special rate for just the day?

Thanks for any info.

David

please please Please look into the Intercontinental. It is SO much nicer! we have spent a little time at the sheraton, only one very small pool and one very expensive restaurant, the IC has 2 beautiful large pools( one Sandbottom), a lagoon filled with beautiful fish, and youcan snorkel there if you want, and two restaurants. the view to Moorea is stunning.. It is so much nicer! I doubt that it would be any more than the Sheraton.

<<It is so much nicer! I doubt that it would be any more than the Sheraton.>>

I would like to know you figure that they are comparable in price. I did some internet pricing and the closest I could find it price is still $100 higher at the IBC compared to the Sheraton. We booked our pre-cruise stay at the Sheraton for two nights..IBC was not available..but if they were..the room prices I found were at least double in price for a comparable "garden view"

David...I have heard of the day room situation..not sure how it goes..I would contact the Sheraton directly. I have heard of passengers hanging out on the ship all day as well..which you are welcome to do..you just don't have access to your room of course..but you get food and hang by the pool or whatever..I think I read that some folks took advantage of the showers in the spa area if you wished to shower.

Might save you some cash to consider staying onboard that day..or close to the ship..rather than get a room...

anyway..some other thoughts...

Thanks for the advice. I had looked into the IBC but they are full that day and think the price would have been much higher than the Sheradon.

After some consideration, I think we will just hangout on the ship that last day along with all the other passengers waiting for the midnight flights. As Patty mentioned, will have to use the spa shower and bathroom facilities to prepare for the flight home.

David

we booked our room direct through Intercontinental. prices were much less than the websites I use to find airfare. Sheraton was higher than the IC and the LeMeridian.

Laurie..I wonder if it was time of year or you were just very lucky. I have done internet pricing searches on all the major travel sites AND visited their websites directly..IC and Sheraton and IC was always much higher than Sheraton for something comparable. I didn't find that trying to book direct with hotel actually saved any money..at least when we are searching in late Aug/early Sept..maybe one hotel was offering a seasonal deal for you and the other wasn't....either way..you lucked out!

Thanks for the advice. I had looked into the IBC but they are full that day and think the price would have been much higher than the Sheradon.

After some consideration, I think we will just hangout on the ship that last day along with all the other passengers waiting for the midnight flights. As Patty mentioned, will have to use the spa shower and bathroom facilities to prepare for the flight home.

David

David, I was just reading someone's report after just returning from this cruise and got the impression that the spa personnel were not too pleasant about departing passengers using the spa showers. I think we are going to go with a pre and post hotel.

Have a great trip!

it may well be the time of year. one other possibilty for a post cruise day room, have youthought about the Radisson? we had friends who stayed there and thought it was very nice. I guess I just really didn't care for the Sheraton, but we didn't have a good experience there. we are on sailing #2 of the TP, and there were still bugs to iron out. We were taken there when our plane arrived at 5:30am - were told we would go directly to the ship, and ended up staying there until noon with not even water offered to us. we were not happy cruisers.

We were there mid May, and I had the same concerns about using the showers on the ship. It was not a problem at all, no one said anything. I wish we spent the day in Moorea and then came back to shower, change and eat. You can check in your carry-on luggage (or any piece you want) at the restaurant on the ship and you can have access to them when ever you want.

David

I saw a few posts where people were yelled at by spa staff and were not allowed to use the spa showers.

I would be very interested in finding out if they are allowed to be used or not since I will be on TP in August and have a night flight also.

The staff said nothing, didn't even look at me, didn't care. Other people were taking showers also. You just walk in, grab your towel, take your shower - don't worry. You just can't use the keys to the lockers (maybe that was the problem). On the mens side, my husband didn't have any problems either.

Archived