Maho Beach

CHERRYBRANCH

Ship docks at 7 am and departs at 5 pm in May. What are the chances of being able to get to Maho Beach to see the planes and get back to the ship? I have read where some say that traffic can be terrible in the afternoon. We will be in port on Saturday and I beleive we are the only ship there on that day, will this make a difference? Are there plenty of taxi's at the port and at Maho Beach?

There are plenty of taxis at Maho, just behind the Sunset Beach Bar. Look for the drivers in orange.

Planes land frequently but the big ones don't land until around 2pm. We've seen them land then got a taxi. You'll get back in plenty of time if you leave by 2:30.

At least that's my experience. No guarantees!

There are plenty of taxis at Maho, just behind the Sunset Beach Bar. Look for the drivers in orange.

Planes land frequently but the big ones don't land until around 2pm. We've seen them land then got a taxi. You'll get back in plenty of time if you leave by 2:30.

At least that's my experience. No guarantees!

Thanks! Why look for drivers in orange?

Also (if it's still the same as when we were there) the staff at Sunset are in contact with the taxi's too. When you are ready to leave, they use to call for a taxi for you and stand out front by the road getting everyone taxis. :)

The arrival of the planes is usually between 11 AM and 2 PM. After that, there isn't much going on around Maho except for a few small planes landing. I would think the later you wait the fewer taxis would be waiting around for passengers. You would have plenty of time to go to another beach or do some serious shopping since your ship doesn't sail until 9 PM.

Archived