Clarion Hotels in Copenhagen

bogey

I'm looking at two Clarion properties in Copenhagen: Mayfair and Neptun. We will be there for a two night pre-cruise stay in early July. I would appreciate experienced advice and comparison of these two places.

Any other recommendations for properties which are similar in terms of amenities, price, etc. would also be very welcome.

Thanks!

Bogey

I can't tell you from experience, but after much research and reading of reviews, I booked with the Neptune. It is m ore economical, especially with the afternoon cake and evening buffet. I have been told that it is quite nice and it rates in the top 25 in Fodor. I think the Mayfair is just a bit more upscale, but doubt that you can go wrong with either. Hopefully someone with experience will answer on here, but if not go to trip adviser and read the reviews.

Mayfair is regarded as the better of these two hotels (number 5 in tripadviser) but to be honest I like the location of the Neptun better.

But it's not a bad hotel and both got 4 stars but Mayfair it's just rated better on tripadviser.

Thanks, Danish. I've never been to your wonderful city, but my research led me to the same conclusions: Mayfair might have slightly better amenities, but Neptun a better location.

Do you have thoughts about the Anderson Hotel? Very highly ranked in Tripadvisor.

Bogey.

Its a brand new hotel (not the building of course) opened in 2012 so the first time i heard about it has actually been on cruise critic.

But a travellers award for best service and a tripadviser ranking at number 2 is very very good.

Only downside I can find is that is located close to the street Istedgade and it has some adult movie shops and so on. :D

But that is the same for every hotels located behind the central station.

But the guests doesn't seem to be bothered about it because i didn't see any mentioning about it in the first replys on tripadviser.

My best friend stayed at the Neptun last year before her Baltic cruise and she liked it very much.

I will be staying at the Mayfair in September, based on the comments on TripAdvisor. Hope I have made a good choice!

Thanks, Danish. Your advice is most helpful. I've booked the Neptun. I like the location. Close to Nyhaven, but just a bit away from the "action." Is that reasonable logic?

Better double-check. The latest review in Tripadvisor reports bed bugs at the Neptun.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g189541-d206318-Reviews-Clarion_Collection_Neptun_Hotel-Copenhagen_Zealand.html

We stayed postcruise at the Mayfair and found it to be just fine. Room was small, but very clean and faced the interior - very quiet. Price also included a light dinner buffet. The "Gentlemen's" club across the street did not bother us at all. We walked everywhere from this location, including to Nyhaven.

We selected this hotel, due to positive reviews and short walking distance to the Centraal Train station. Next morning, we caught the train to the airport.

Archived