Email

Commodore

You need to know their e-mail.

There is no general e-mail address that would process through some office to contact a given guest.

Thank you this not like at Princess were you snend an email and the passenger gets a printed copy

I'm not sure, but think this may be HAL's equivalent. I've never used it, and can't speak about its reliability.

Guests who do not have an email provider: Holland

America Line has provided each guest with a CruisE-mail™

address. There is a US$3.95 per message fee to use CruisEmail

and a nominal fee for Internet usage.

Your CruisE-mail address: Your first initial + last name

+ your cabin number (with no spaces in between) + @

shipname.cruisemail.net.

Example: John Smith, in Cabin 38 on the ms Rotterdam,

His CruisE-mail address will be: jsmith38@rotterdam.cruisemail.net

The guest has to have set up the on board e-mail account. I don't think the ship does it automatically. If the guest does not make an account, an e-mail sent would likely bounce back.

It would be all about the fee. If the guest did not set up the account but the ship gets the e-mail and delivers it, the guest might refuse to pay the fee. Actually, it sounds like the guest has to be proactive about paying the internet fee to check on their own if they received an e-mail to an on-board account. Without pre-arrangement, who would even know or think to do that? I'd never look for such a thing while burning paid for internet minutes.

If the sender knows the cabin number, nothing to lose by trying. Worse that happens is the e-mail bounces.

Thank you this not like at Princess were you snend an email and the passenger gets a printed copy

Can you tell me more about this since I'm going on Princess soon? I had no idea about this. Could be handy for my family. Thx.

My wife was trying to contact someone on a Hal Ship when it was in Bermuda. She managed to find out who was the Port Agent for the ship, contacted them and they passed a message onto the ship who passed it onto the passenger. I do not know if this will be of any help to you.

Archived