Train to Nice, how long?

cruiser77

There are two options - either NSCF train or Bus # 100 - time for both is appr. 15 minutes.

The bus costs 1 Euro per person one way and tickets are purchased from the driver - train is a 1.5 Euro for one way.

I'll be in Villefranche end of April and plan to go to Nice - I'll post my expierences by then.

Did a bit more research. During the day, the Bus # 100 is the quick and cheap way to travel between Villefranche and Nice. About every 10 to 15 minutes, and no ticketing hassle as with the trains. Train is also ess frequent.

Link to bus time table. As promised I'll be back with details on where to go from the tender landing place.

It certainly is - and here are my final research on transportation before my own trip. I'll be posting when back May 1st.

The primary bus to Nice is #100 departing from the Octroi bus stop.

The "Octroi" bus stop is up the steep hill from the tender landig place (Port Sante). Follow the signs “Octroi-Centerville” through the park and past the soccer field. Bus stop "Octroi" is at Avenue Albert 1er - about 50 m from the Riviera Hotel Villefranche.

Depending on the day of the week, bus #100 run every 10-20 minutes, with 15 minutes travel time to J.C. Bermond bus stop in Nice.

There is also a bus #81 - but less frequent.

We would also suggest that one consider where the bus drops you in Nice vs the location of the train station. For those who want to quickly get to the morning Flower Market or be near Nice's wonderful "Old Town" neighborhood....it makes a lot of sense to take the #100 bus. Also keep in mind that the bus only costs 1 Euro and the train fare is somewhat higher (not sure of the current fare).

Hank

• 2 months later...
It certainly is - and here are my final research on transportation before my own trip. I'll be posting when back May 1st.

The primary bus to Nice is #100 departing from the Octroi bus stop.

The "Octroi" bus stop is up the steep hill from the tender landig place (Port Sante). Follow the signs “Octroi-Centerville” through the park and past the soccer field. Bus stop "Octroi" is at Avenue Albert 1er - about 50 m from the Riviera Hotel Villefranche.

Depending on the day of the week, bus #100 run every 10-20 minutes, with 15 minutes travel time to J.C. Bermond bus stop in Nice.

There is also a bus #81 - but less frequent.

Wondering if this worked well for you or if you have any additional hints?

Archived