Inflatable pools - questions

CorrieCJ

I have seen a lot of notes about bringing inflatable pools for toddlers, but never did it myself... considering doing it for our upcoming cruise (DS will be 2 and nowhere near potty trained). Where do you put them, though? It always seems so crowded around the Lido pools and I wouldn't want to be in anyone's way. And how do you fill it? Do you just dip up a bucket from the regular pool? Thanks. These seem obvious questions but I never thought about them even though we have cruised several times with our kids at various ages including toddlerhood.

We dipped a beer bucket in the hot tub for warmer water than the pool. As for space, we moved the chairs a little to set up a pool between chairs and keep it out of the main walk ways. We weren't around there when it was super busy. We tended to be there in the morning when it was quieter and back in the room for nap when it got busier! We also used it on the balcony often!

We brought an inflatable bath tub which takes up less space on pool deck and in room. On Celebrity Silhouette the pool deck had showers so you could rinse off after going in pool so we filled up the tub for our little one there. As for in room storage it was small enough while inflated to put in shower stall. Worked well for us.

Bring an inflatable TUB...not a larger, kiddie-POOL....that would be too big!

For babies, all they need is a bit of water to splash in. Your ice bucket can be used to fill the tub...empty into a floor or shower drain....not into the pool!

Thanks guys! I knew it was a tub, just misspoke, but thank you for the reminder, and the suggestion of where to find it in the store. My biggest fear with this kid is he is a monkey, more so than any of my others were... he is quick, strong, and stubborn. Hopefully the little tub will keep him entertained.

Was at Target yesterday. Found a tiny pool. 30" diameter, 8" tall, $5. In the summer toy area, with goggles, water-wings, etc.

OMG summer stuff out already!!! I tried to buy my kids some new gloves a few weeks ago and they were all gone. I am going to try to remember to hit up Target SOON for this thing, because I'm sure by the time I cruise in August, all the winter stuff will be up again :D

Archived