Azura Chaplaincy

Cambschap

There may be some one who knows better, but I have ever known clergy be on board for big events-i.e. Christmas and Easter...and have to say having done 2 cruises over Easter I was most surprised at the great number of people who attended.

It maybe you may have to find a church at one of the ports to attend, if at all possible.

Thing is I guess is they had a RC priest, then a CofE vicar, then officants from other religions I guess it is not a feasible option.

Hi

Whenever we have sailed with P&O there has been a Sunday Service held in the theatre. This has been lead by the Captain or another senior officer with contributions from other officers. It has been a Christian service but not of any specified denomination. Times will be in the Horizon newsletter.

They have always been very well attended. There is a collection so remember to take some cash. You get so use to not carrying cash on board so this can be a little embaressing.:o

P&O ensure a minister is on board at Easter, who will take interdenominational services. The last couple of times I've been on board at Easter, one was a Baptist, one an Anglican.

On other cruises, the Captain or one of his officers will lead a service from the Book of Common Prayer if Sunday falls on a sea day. One of the hymns will be "Eternal Father, Strong to Save". If Sunday is a port day, there won't be a service.

The only exception may be if any passenger is a minister and goes to the captain asking to be allowed to take a service. The captain may be willing to delegate.

We had clergy on board Oriana last Christmas, who took Holy Communion at Midnight Mass, but usually it is the Captain or his deputy who conduct an interdenominational service.

Archived