Chefs table

billb5

IMO, absolutely.

Full evening affair, like from 5:30 to 10pm.

Before and after drinks... great meal and wonderful presentation.

I will always look to do it again.

Would you do it solo?

Would you do it solo?

Absolutely, it's as if you are at a dinner party. You talk to the people on your left and on your right. Sometimes across the way. :D Save room for all there is to eat and drink!

We did the Chef's Table on the Gem last month and the entire evening was absolutely wonderful. The service and interaction with the Executive Chef (Kevin Green) and the somelier was outstanding.

The entire experience was longer than I expected but time flew by.

Galley tour the next day!

I wouldn't hesitate to do it solo, there was a lot of interaction between the diners, especially as the wine poured and poured and poured.

Definitely money well spent.

we did it on the Gem last week--it was a nice event although a little too long--plenty to drink and eat-the chef spent a lot of time with us telling us stories -

it is limited to 12 people

We absolutely thought it was worth it and met two other passengers (sisters from Canada) who we remained friendly with throughout the cruise. I just wish we would have exchanged contact information! DH and I will absolutely attend whenever possible!

Im trying to get my two friends to join me

They said yes but one of them is limited with what they eat

No shellfish pork etc

I assume there are no substitutions but my question is do they have to eat everything

I have a big appetite and can eat theirs but would that be insulting.

Not sure why one agreed since its not her thing but nice of her to say yes

thanks

They can do some limited substitutions. It is worth every penny. I go my monies worth just on the wine. Will do it on every cruise even though the menu is the same.

So will we, after our wonderful meal on The Sun. Looking forward to The Star [January 2014]

Regards

Susan

Im trying to get my two friends to join me

They said yes but one of them is limited with what they eat

No shellfish pork etc

I assume there are no substitutions but my question is do they have to eat everything

I have a big appetite and can eat theirs but would that be insulting.

Not sure why one agreed since its not her thing but nice of her to say yes

thanks

When I did the Chefs Table, I had an agreement with my wife that she would consume both both of our fish dishes and I would have the option of having some of her other dishes.

During the meal, the Head Chef noticed what we were doing and told me that if I had let them know that I didn't do fish ahead of time, he might have been able to prepare some substitutions. It was too late at that point for him to prepare anything.

Have your friend let them know ahead of time so that the chef has sufficient time to adjust the meal for them if he is willing to do so. I can't say for sure that he will do this for your friend (perhaps my head chef was going above and beyond in offering it), but it doesn't hurt to ask.

We didn't have any pork items on the menu and I believe the only shellfish was the lobster veloute served with the sea bass. This was in February - I don't know how often the menu is revised but I bet it isn't very frequent.

One person in at our table had a shellfish allergy and accommodations were made. Just let them know ahead of time about food concerns.

Where do you sign up or can the concierge do it for me?

We once signed up for it at the restaurant table in the terminal, pre-boarding.

You now make a reservation for it, just like a specialty restaurant.

And, yes, the concierge can do it for you.

I suppose if a person doesn't drink then substitutions would be made for that also?

My husband is a recovering alcoholic and does not drink so he would prefer coffee. But he doesn't care if I drink so the wine would not be a problem for me.

I can't see why they would object to substituting non-alcoholic beverages, I just wouldn't expect any price reduction. As with food objections, let them know in advance of wine objections in advance so they are prepared to substitute something he might prefer. Obviously water and coffee will not be a problem.

We once signed up for it at the restaurant table in the terminal, pre-boarding.

You now make a reservation for it, just like a specialty restaurant.

And, yes, the concierge can do it for you.

What do you mean that "You can make a reservation for it"?

I am unable to do this on-line for my upcoming cruise on the Jewel.

I can't see why they would object to substituting non-alcoholic beverages, I just wouldn't expect any price reduction. As with food objections, let them know in advance of wine objections in advance so they are prepared to substitute something he might prefer. Obviously water and coffee will not be a problem.

A price reduction never crossed my mind. It wouldn't bother me to have to pay full price even though he would prefer coffee.

Thank you for your answer though.

A price reduction never crossed my mind. It wouldn't bother me to have to pay full price even though he would prefer coffee.

Thank you for your answer though.

Sorry if I ruffled your feathers in any way by that comment. My answer was based on previous queries that were looking for a price reduction for the same situation.

Enjoy the Chefs Table. It is a special evening.

Archived