Disembarkation

GingerCandy

I was caught up in the disembarkation fiasco yesterday at Port Everglades getting off Celebrity. It was a nightmare, supposedly caused by cutbacks in security. It took hours to disembark, and caused all sorts of problems with post cruise flights, excursions, etc. Has Princess had the same problem? First time on Celebrity, and I surely missed Princess. :)

It was a fiasco disembarking the Ruby TA in October. A real mess, due to too few government officials.

On our Emerald B2B in February is was a breeze on turnaround day and disembarkation.

Lew

I was caught up in the disembarkation fiasco yesterday at Port Everglades getting off Celebrity. It was a nightmare, supposedly caused by cutbacks in security. It took hours to disembark, and caused all sorts of problems with post cruise flights, excursions, etc. Has Princess had the same problem? First time on Celebrity, and I surely missed Princess. :)

We were a little slow getting off the Island Princess last week. 9:30 instead of 9:15. 3 screeners instead of the usual 5, but moving well, as there was lots less chit-chat. No real problem.

It's pretty idiotic to cut from 5 to 3 because there MIGHT be a 2.8% reduction in planned expenditures (the "sequesteration" is in budget, not appropriations). All obviously intended to upset the public, nothing more.

Archived