Question on new sale price drop

Swampbaby

I checked and see a price drop for interior, which is what I have, and it is showing upgraded to Lido deck. That is a modified room which has a lip going into the bathroom. Since I'm on the Empress deck in a handicap room with NO lip going anywhere including bathroom or shower can I get the price drop and stay in my current room? Amounts to $100 drop.

I checked and see a price drop for interior, which is what I have, and it is showing upgraded to Lido deck. That is a modified room which has a lip going into the bathroom. Since I'm on the Empress deck in a handicap room with NO lip going anywhere including bathroom or shower can I get the price drop and stay in my current room? Amounts to $100 drop.

If you booked Early Saver you should be able to get the price drop. It might make a difference if your room is for example in the aft or front and the room you are comparing to is in the middle. But otherwise, yea.

I do not have an answer for you, but I thought I would share my experience with my phone call to Carnival. I called Carnival within the past ten minutes to find out about a price reduction. I was put on hold for quite a while. The phone finally rang and rang... No one picked up and then it cut off.:mad: I tried the new cruise extension and was quickly transferred to guess where. I'm currently on hold. Would you like to place a bet on the outcome of this call?:rolleyes:

If you booked Early Saver you should be able to get the price drop. It might make a difference if your room is for example in the aft or front and the room you are comparing to is in the middle. But otherwise, yea.

Both rooms are midship. Sounds great cause that is another $100 worth of goodies on board. I sent in the price protection page with the statement wanting to keep my current cabin.

Thanks for the reply.

I would say no since the ES terms say you have to price match to YOUR category, so if you want to price match to another category that is higher, you generally have to move to that category to price match to it.

I had to give up a cabin I would have preferred to get it.

I dont see why you are thinking they will make a exception because you need the HC cabin you are in? You can try, they dont pay that good of attention to me.

Let us know what they say. they do seem to let some slip by and others not. Its always good to find out the result since you say you already sent it in. Its not within the ES price drop terms, but ya never know.

Call in, give up your room to get the new price and then call back and get your old room back. Someone else did it.

Archived