Price drop?!?!? HELP!!!

mrak

Have you already made your final payment or do you still have some left to pay on your trip? If you still have money to pay on your trip, call someone at Carnival (there may be a name and number on the reservation email that you can use for your contact person) and ask for the fare reduction or an upgrade to a higher category cabin. You can either make the amount you still have left to pay on your trip a little less or change cabins to something better.

OBC is on-board credit. If you have already made your final payment, you should be able to get credit for those prices that have been reduced. They'll add $ to your sail and sign account.

I am not very much experienced in early saver rates, just gained knowledge from what I have read, but I have read in some places where it seems people are getting an upgrade AND OBC. Not certain the circumstances that would warrant that unless it was upgrading to a higher category and still being "owed" the difference by Carnival under the ES price protection...?

Good luck!

ETA: Just noticed CarnivalBrides beat me to responding! Sorry for duplicative info!

I finally got thru to CCL. Of course the Rep knew less than I did. I could find rooms on carnival faster , oh she argued what was available. I wanted the Aft wrap balcony, by the time she found it , it was gone. Thanks everyone for your help. I did upgrade and still came out spending less. :D

So, after 2 HOURS on hold and talking to multiple supervisors, i got absolutely NOTHING. They offered me a Spa Balcony, but to me, that is not an upgrade. The Aft has a bigger balcony and we wont use any of the Spa amenities. So basically, someone who booked an oceanview (and spend less than me) last week can get an upgrade to a balcony today, but I, who spent considerably more, get NOTHING. It wasn't the broken ships that did me in. It was this. I will NOT EVER sail Carnival again after this. This is absurd. This would be like someone buying tickets to a football game in the nose bleeds, and being given some leftover seats in the front row, while the person who paid for first level seats getting nothing. It makes no sense.

That sucks. So sorry to hear.

And you saw my message about upgrading to a spa cabin right? Even if you did upgrade, it doesn't appear you would have access to the amenities beause it would be an upgrade to that cabin at the price you paid, which doesn't make sense to me because you could purchase that WITH the amenities at that price today. ??

Anyway, I know that is super frustrating. I can't remember where you are with your final payment, cancellation policy, etc. but perhaps you could cancel your current reservation and turn around and rebook that exact cabin? Check into that. Might be one last possibility...?

ETA: Just went back and re-read your posts and saw you are within the final payment window. So sorry that Carnival wouldn't do something other than the spa cabin upgrade. :-(

I finally got thru to CCL. Of course the Rep knew less than I did. I could find rooms on carnival faster , oh she argued what was available. I wanted the Aft wrap balcony, by the time she found it , it was gone. Thanks everyone for your help. I did upgrade and still came out spending less. :D

Good to hear a happy ending! :D Hopefully others in this thread can have some good endings to theirs as well!

When I booked this morning, there was one Aft Wrap left, however by the time I showed the Rep how to find it, it was gone :( I did save $1,000 , I changed both my rooms . One is An Aft the other, an inside near by. My DH is thrilled. He loves saving a buck. :D

I had a happy ending to my story. Carnival called me today and it turns out I was just inside the window for their 48 hour price guarantee. They let us move to a Spa Balcony and are refunding us the difference! AND because this wasn't a free upgrade (we basically are taking a reduced refund, in effect paying for the upgrade) they said we will get all of the spa amenities! Carnival made our situation right and in a timely manner no less. Very impressed.

I had a happy ending to my story. Carnival called me today and it turns out I was just inside the window for their 48 hour price guarantee. They let us move to a Spa Balcony and are refunding us the difference! AND because this wasn't a free upgrade (we basically are taking a reduced refund, in effect paying for the upgrade) they said we will get all of the spa amenities! Carnival made our situation right and in a timely manner no less. Very impressed.

Oh yay! That is fabulous news! Congrats! So glad it worked out! :D

Enjoy that spa cabin and report back and let me know if it is worth it! So super happ for you!

Archived