Price drop?!?!? HELP!!!

mrak

Hello, I am almost embarassed to say that I booked my cruise last friday and we are within the final payment window so no early saver or anything. Well, the price dropped a staggering $700 today. I am about to jump off the roof of my office. Is there ANYTHING that I can do???

Thanks

Hello, I am almost embarassed to say that I booked my cruise last friday and we are within the final payment window so no early saver or anything. Well, the price dropped a staggering $700 today. I am about to jump off the roof of my office. Is there ANYTHING that I can do???

Thanks

We applied for a price drop a week before our sail date and got it. This was last March on the Magic. Try applying for it. You might be pleasantly surprise.

I read your post and then saw this other thread. Might be worth a call to Carnival to see about getting an upgrade. They have that 48 hour guarantee but if you booked Friday, the 48 hour window was Sunday.

This link shows a letter that travel agents received from Carnival for upgrades for past guests. Are you a past guest? (ETA: oops, just saw your signature line showing previous Carnival cruises) Definitely worth a try to call your PVP to see about the upgrade.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1810124

We applied for a price drop a week before our sail date and got it. This was last March on the Magic. Try applying for it. You might be pleasantly surprise.

Did you book early saver?

I read your post and then saw this other thread. Might be worth a call to Carnival to see about getting an upgrade. They have that 48 hour guarantee but if you booked Friday, the 48 hour window was Sunday.

This link shows a letter that travel agents received from Carnival for upgrades for past guests. Are you a past guest? (ETA: oops, just saw your signature line showing previous Carnival cruises) Definitely worth a try to call your PVP to see about the upgrade.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1810124

They did offer me an upgrade but its not really much of an upgrade...we could go from our Aft extended balcony to a spa balcony.

No OBC but you should be to get a free upgrade to a better category.

They offered us a Spa balcony for what we paid for our Aft. But the Spa doesn't seem like an upgrade to me and they are going for less than we paid for the Aft right now. Really bummed.

Look at this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1810171

That person had some good luck even though he wasn't supposedly eligible for OBC. you should call anyway just in case. It can't hurt.

I have calmly called twice, being "disconnected" both times, only to be told they can do an upgrade to a spa from an aft but not other credit.

I think the Breeze has the Cloud 9 spa cabins. I think those are supposed to be pretty nice and come with some "extras" such as use of certain parts of the spa that are closed off to people who either aren't in a spa cabin or who didnt purchase a pass, different shampoo and body wash, different robes and slippers, and all non-smoking balconies. Do a search for it and see if that is something you would like. Otherwise, maybe call back and plead your case for OBC since you did just book it Friday. I have sympathy for you. I hate seeing prices go down on anything after I've purchased it. Let us know how it turns out!

I booked the interior category picture window (4J), deck 6, ES so I don't really have anything to price match to. 4H , deck 9 just went down $200 below what I paid. I do not want to move. I put in for OBC price matching to that. Probably won't happen...but we'll see...:)

If you book through an agent instead of Carnival can you still get a better deal when the price drops?

As far as an upgrade or OBC, I believe so, but the travel agent has to be the one doing the work to get the deal. They'll have to submit the form for the OBC if you booked Early Saver, or they'll need to get you upgraded to another cabin. I think if you tried to call Carnival, they would not be able to help you directly since you had booked with an agent.

Thanks

I'm curious as to how a cruise price could drop $700 in a week??!!

WHOA

before you take a spa balcony upgrade, check this thread. I thought you would have gotten those special spa privileges, but was searching to see if Breeze had those ammenities and came across this: seems if Carnival upgrades you, you do NOT get access to those ammenities. WTH?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1640290

I have calmly called twice, being "disconnected" both times, only to be told they can do an upgrade to a spa from an aft but not other credit.

Now that sucks. Not to mention sometimes when you are upgraded for free to a spa cabin you are not eligible for the spa usage, unlike those who booked it to begin with. But if they give you the spa privilege with the upgrade, it is still something. Just be aware you can't smoke in a spa cabin so if you are smoker don't upgrade.

This is the first time I've had a price drop. I have questions , pls be nice ;) The price drop is $1,014, I have two cabins. I booked thru Carnival, and was told I had til April 30th to make changes. True ?

What choices do you have when the price drops like this?

So, if this is true should I look for 2 better cabins? I have one balcony and 1 inside,

What is OBC? I don't have my own PVP , so do I just call Carnival.

I really apprecate your patients, there are so many threads to go thru. Thank you for helping ..... :D:)

If you booked through Carnival (not a TA or third party) you need to call Carnival to make any changes. Assuming your final payment is April 30th they will lower your final payment. If it is after the final payment and you're a past guest, they'll give you and upgrade and if you booked Early Saver, they'll give you OBC. Confused yet?

You may be able to upgrade your inside to a balcony, but it depends on the pricing.

OBC=Onboard credit. Meaning money you can spend on the ship and [sometimes] get back in the form of a check at the end.

This is the first time I've had a price drop. I have questions , pls be nice ;) The price drop is $1,014, I have two cabins. I booked thru Carnival, and was told I had til April 30th to make changes. True ?

What choices do you have when the price drops like this?

So, if this is true should I look for 2 better cabins? I have one balcony and 1 inside,

What is OBC? I don't have my own PVP , so do I just call Carnival.

I really apprecate your patients, there are so many threads to go thru. Thank you for helping ..... :D:)

Have you already made your final payment or do you still have some left to pay on your trip? If you still have money to pay on your trip, call someone at Carnival (there may be a name and number on the reservation email that you can use for your contact person) and ask for the fare reduction or an upgrade to a higher category cabin. You can either make the amount you still have left to pay on your trip a little less or change cabins to something better.

OBC is on-board credit. If you have already made your final payment, you should be able to get credit for those prices that have been reduced. They'll add $ to your sail and sign account.

I am not very much experienced in early saver rates, just gained knowledge from what I have read, but I have read in some places where it seems people are getting an upgrade AND OBC. Not certain the circumstances that would warrant that unless it was upgrading to a higher category and still being "owed" the difference by Carnival under the ES price protection...?

Good luck!

ETA: Just noticed CarnivalBrides beat me to responding! Sorry for duplicative info!

They offered us a Spa balcony for what we paid for our Aft. But the Spa doesn't seem like an upgrade to me and they are going for less than we paid for the Aft right now. Really bummed.

So, are they saying a Spa balcony is an upgrade from an aft balcony? I'm asking because we have an aft wrap balcony (9C) booked on our upcoming cruise and they are sold out. I know that supposedly you can sometimes get OBC (booked Early Saver) if a higher category goes lower in price. Right?

So, after 2 HOURS on hold and talking to multiple supervisors, i got absolutely NOTHING. They offered me a Spa Balcony, but to me, that is not an upgrade. The Aft has a bigger balcony and we wont use any of the Spa amenities. So basically, someone who booked an oceanview (and spend less than me) last week can get an upgrade to a balcony today, but I, who spent considerably more, get NOTHING. It wasn't the broken ships that did me in. It was this. I will NOT EVER sail Carnival again after this. This is absurd. This would be like someone buying tickets to a football game in the nose bleeds, and being given some leftover seats in the front row, while the person who paid for first level seats getting nothing. It makes no sense.

Archived