55 minutes and still holding...great customer service carnival

dgack1

wait for a combined total of 45 minutes to talk to customer service about a change in our itinerary. I was never notified. I looked back on my phone log to find one unanswered call. No voice mail, no text message, no email. I guess they considered that proper notification because there was nothing they would do about it. If I had received the message, I would have the option to rebook? Supervisor never returned my call. Too bad they don't spend the time on customer service that they do on sales.

I called at 7:10 this morning and had a hold time of about 10 minutes or so. The agent said they were ex!!pecting a busy day--by the end of the call he said they had 50 people in the que with hold times of 20 minutes. The agent did the best he could to help us, then said he,d email the information to the appropriate people and we'd get an email, which we got approximately 90 minutes later, so really no complaints. Thanks Mike (the agent).

You need a pvp. Start to finish, about 5 minutes and I'm now upgraded.

What is a PVP and how do I get one:confused: First cruise and I booked online. No travel agent.

I waited on hold abt 40 mins or so yesterday to speak with someone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Not everyone has a PVP!

New cruisers do not have a PVP!

To leave someone on hold for an hour is inexcusable for a business...

Own CCL stock? ... suggest you sell and buy RCL or NCLH

Out of curiousity, have you ever said a kind word about Carnival?

ANY company is going to have a wait time when the world is beating a path to its door for a special promotion. Believe it or not, even Santa has a line to see him at the mall in December!

That's how long I have been on hold with Carnival. Have yet to speak to a real person, just have "super happy" girl spewing "fun facts".

Ugh! Am I crazy to stay on hold this long???? Should be saving about $220.

Is it just me or is this what everyone is experiencing? I am currently on hold to speak with a customer rep. about a current booking and i have been waiting for 55 miniutes. I am in total disbelief that with all of carnivals problems they continue down the same path with poor customer service... uggghhh. :mad:

I assume there are thousands of people calling... with all the "issues" that have been going on... plus the new sale they just started today. Everyone is waiting. I plugged in my headphones to my phone and stuck my phone in my pocket. Hands free! I was on hold for an hour, but I still went on with the day and got things done! The woman apologized when I finally got through, and I told her - "It is not your fault!!" They will get to you soon. =) I think they're doing a great job with everything that's going on!!! (Plus I upgraded for $50 today! That was worth the wait to me!)

y'all aren't kidding...this girl is killing me, and I've only been on hold for 10 min

Been on hold for 4 minutes now and already sick of hearing it. I noticed that my cruise price went down $600 for 1 and 2. We have a suite booked so hoping this will be worth the wait.

You need a pvp. Start to finish, about 5 minutes and I'm now upgraded.

It looks like I need your PVP. I had to call my PVP for 4 hours before I finally got to talk to her and she upgraded my cabin with no issue. I got my cabin confirmation a little while after we got off of the phone and the cabin she upgraded me to wasn't in the location that I asked for so I had to call back a few times before finally giving up and leaving her a voice mail. I just got a new cabin confirmation and she booked me on the correct deck this time, but she put the 2 of us in a quad cabin and right in the area I told her I wanted to be far from. Now she's out of the office and I can't get through on the main Carnival line because it's busy.

While I'm on the subject, can anyone tell me if you just call the main Carnival number and request a new PVP? I got mine based on a recommendation so I don't know how to get a new one.

My official wait time was 126 minutes and 56 seconds, but the customer service rep was pleasant, efficient, and I saved $220. Guess persistence was worth it. Hang in there people, they do answer! I was beginning to think it would never happen!

Are you serious?

You're on hold for 126 minutes to save $220? You value your time at little more than $1 per minute?

I don't get why people don't use travel agents more often. Let THEM handle these long calls and you get out there and live your life.

Out of curiousity, have you ever said a kind word about Carnival?

ANY company is going to have a wait time when the world is beating a path to its door for a special promotion. Believe it or not, even Santa has a line to see him at the mall in December!

Santa has no line for the special people. Quit spreading that nasty rumor.:D

Been on hold for 4 minutes now and already sick of hearing it. I noticed that my cruise price went down $600 for 1 and 2. We have a suite booked so hoping this will be worth the wait.

I was on hold for 18 minutes and then on for about 10 minutes with a rep. I saved $640 on our ocean suite total. That was awesome. I noticed the price dropped on the website and called for the hell of it. Never expected that much. Nice!

It looks like I need your PVP. I had to call my PVP for 4 hours before I finally got to talk to her and she upgraded my cabin with no issue. I got my cabin confirmation a little while after we got off of the phone and the cabin she upgraded me to wasn't in the location that I asked for so I had to call back a few times before finally giving up and leaving her a voice mail. I just got a new cabin confirmation and she booked me on the correct deck this time, but she put the 2 of us in a quad cabin and right in the area I told her I wanted to be far from. Now she's out of the office and I can't get through on the main Carnival line because it's busy.

While I'm on the subject, can anyone tell me if you just call the main Carnival number and request a new PVP? I got mine based on a recommendation so I don't know how to get a new one.

Someone had put the linky to the get a pvp page.

It is somewhere on the Carnival site.

The lady who is our pvp gave us her extension and email, plus a cell number.

We just got off the phone with Carnival in what ended up being a 40 minute phone call to get a 7 category upgrade and $160 of OBC for our 4/20 sailing. Well worth the 40 minutes on the phone! Heck, I'd stay on 2 hours for 7 category upgrade and the obc we got!

Are you Early Saver ? I cant get anything :(

Someone had put the linky to the get a pvp page.

It is somewhere on the Carnival site.

The lady who is our pvp gave us her extension and email, plus a cell number.

Thank you! I will have to try a search on here and the Carnival site for that link. I knew the girl I called wasn't going to be a good PVP the first time I spoke to her and booked my cruise. She didn't give me any of her contact info so I don't have her email. All I got from the person who gave me a referral was her name and extension. I'm afraid to call her and ask for anything else at this point because she's not very polite and I just don't have the time to sit and try to contact her throughout the day.

I just hope we don't get bumped from our cabin and stuck somewhere that we don't want to be. She put us in the last quad cabin that was available on our deck (despite the fact that there are only 2 of us on the booking) so I will have to try to call early in the morning to see if they will move us down the hall without any price changes since the PG sale ends at midnight and the hold times are ridiculous tonight.

Are you serious?

You're on hold for 126 minutes to save $220? You value your time at little more than $1 per minute?

I don't get why people don't use travel agents more often. Let THEM handle these long calls and you get out there and live your life.

126 minutes for $220 is over $100/hour. I'll take that.

Archived