55 minutes and still holding...great customer service carnival

dgack1

Is it just me or is this what everyone is experiencing? I am currently on hold to speak with a customer rep. about a current booking and i have been waiting for 55 miniutes. I am in total disbelief that with all of carnivals problems they continue down the same path with poor customer service... uggghhh. :mad:

Is it just me or is this what everyone is experiencing? I am currently on hold to speak with a customer rep. about a current booking and i have been waiting for 55 miniutes. I am in total disbelief that with all of carnivals problems they continue down the same path with poor customer service... uggghhh. :mad:

Just hang up ;)

You need a pvp. Start to finish, about 5 minutes and I'm now upgraded.

Took me 20 minutes to get through at 12:10 am after they released the sale prices. Then another 20 minutes to fix the rate on the booking because my PVP forgot to attach our past guest numbers to the bookings. Forty-four minutes later, we saved $400 on three bookings and made a fourth.

Just press the option for a "new booking". They will pick up very quickly.

After waiting on-hold for about 30 mins I hung up and tried this. I immediately got someone on the line, who immediately transferred me back to customer service for booked passengers where I remain on hold again.

After waiting on-hold for about 30 mins I hung up and tried this. I immediately got someone on the line, who immediately transferred me back to customer service for booked passengers where I remain on hold again.

So sorry this happened to you. The person who picked up for us last night just took care of everything. But, I will say that were trying to change from one cabin for our family of 5 to two cabins, so maybe that's why. Good luck!

It's not just this week, I had problems with customer service over the past few weeks. I just got off the Fascination on Saturday, which was the first cruise with the changed itinerary. I had several questions after I got the email alerting me of the change and I could find no answers on the Carnival website. I sent an email and got an automatic reply saying I would have an answer in 48-72 hours. I got nothing, so I called. Sat on hold for 45 minutes before someone answered. He had no clue, so he put me on hold several more times. Eventually I said I had to get off because I was at work and had a meeting. He took down my number and said he would call me back later that day. I'm still waiting for his call. By I sent ANOTHER email and again, got nothing in return. By this time I was livid. I eventually called back and "only" had to hold for 20 minutes. That time the lady I spoke to was very knowledgeable, apologetic for the lack of response, and was able to answer my questions. I was (and still am) extremely frustrated with their customer service and was hoping it wasn't a sign as to how my cruise was going to go. Luckily everything went well and we had a great time.

Know your pain, called Friday and I was hold for over an hour.:confused: Simple question, Sent email the only reply I got back so far was automatic. BUT that being said called about 15 minutes ago and someone answered in less than 3 minutes. :) Questions answered and I am happy. ;)

Good luck!

I can't imagine listening to that saccharin, high strung voiced woman who does Carnival's hold message for 55 minutes! :eek:

LOL!! that voice is what pushed me over the edge. My hold time 84 minutes. Savings on our bookings 420. First price reduction ever with a ES rate for us.

Thanks for the comments, I just had to vent after that long hold time listening to those carnival recordings....it was soooo painful:p

OK, after 47 mins on hold, Pat from Carnival finally answered the phone. She told me we have the best fare offered at this time for our sailing/ship/cabin category etc. and that no OBC is available either at this time. She DID say that the "real" sale begins tomorrow at 12:01 AM and I could check online then and call back if I saw a drop in price.

Remember that thread on Why Do I Need a PVP?

My cruise is still way higher than what I paid so no dealio for us.

We just got off the phone with Carnival in what ended up being a 40 minute phone call to get a 7 category upgrade and $160 of OBC for our 4/20 sailing. Well worth the 40 minutes on the phone! Heck, I'd stay on 2 hours for 7 category upgrade and the obc we got!

Archived