Stateroom Bar Setup

pb3053

We will be sailing on the Eclipse later this year for 14 nights to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary and I am trying to decide if I should 'splash out' on the stateroom bar setup. My problem is that I am unclear about the costing. I note that the package is either £52 or £64 depending on which brands you want.

Could someone please explain how this package works ?. For instance, if I purchase a package consisting of one bottle of whisky and consume that in the first week would I have to re-order the package again at £52 or £64 for another bottle in the second week ( thats assuming I've realy hit the bottle hard in the first week :D and dependent on the bottle size ).

I assume that I can purchase additional mixer cans of soda as required from the bar.

The only thing to add to the excellent advice you have received is that you can have your choice of sodas with the bar set up. There will be six cans when you get on board. Just ask your stateroom attendant to swap them for the ones you want.

One thing I am uncertain about is the 15% service charge. When you purchase wine in advance, you do not pay the 15%. If you order bottles of wine for your stateroom on board, you are charged it. Perhaps someone can chime in an let us know if that works for the bar set up as well. I suspect that it does and, if I am right, it is worth working out if you are going to "really hit the bottle".

Sue

Also, if you get one of the drinks packages (say the premium non alcohol package), then you can just go to a bar and ask for an unopened can of coke or soda and bring it back to the room to replenish stocks if you haven't finished the bottle but have finished the original 6 pack (which is what we did).

TBH - we got a 1 litre whisky for a 12 night cruise around New Zealand and always had a drink each night as we were dressing (there were 2 of us) and even putting a swig in (prolly 2 fingers worth) then mixer, when we go off we still have about an inch left in the bottle and took that to our hotel for the night at cruise end.

Question regarding the suggestion about using the premium alcohol package instead of in-room setup. Can you order two drinks so you don't have to troop back to the bar to get another, or to get one for DH too? We're in the very aft cabins on Solstice, so it's quite a hike. (I'm really not a particularly heavy drinker, but I am generally pretty lazy on a cruise.:))

Question regarding the suggestion about using the premium alcohol package instead of in-room setup. Can you order two drinks so you don't have to troop back to the bar to get another, or to get one for DH too? We're in the very aft cabins on Solstice, so it's quite a hike. (I'm really not a particularly heavy drinker, but I am generally pretty lazy on a cruise.:))

Unless it changed since we last had it, just take both room cards to the bar when you order and there's no problem. One drink per card.

Also, if you get one of the drinks packages (say the premium non alcohol package), then you can just go to a bar and ask for an unopened can of coke or soda and bring it back to the room to replenish stocks if you haven't finished the bottle but have finished the original 6 pack (which is what we did).

Great idea and plan. Appreciate sharing this creative tip. We are looking forward to our first “down under” visit, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Celebrity Solstice sailing, departing Sydney, going from Australia to Auckland/NZ doing 14 days on this ship we loved in the Med in June 2011.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Celebrity Solstice Visual Highlights? From our June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in France, Italy, Kotor and Dubrovnik, I have pull together a number of wonderful visuals of the Solstice, its features, food, entertainment, options, etc. We are now at over 1,910 views for this shorter version started late last week of my larger full review of that cruise and all of the port pictures/details. Check these postings and added info at:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1803477

Yes. 2 cards = 2 drinks.

Yes. 2 cards = 2 drinks.

Yes, another great idea! Are there any problems if you come up with four cards in getting drinks for your table to cover yourself, your wife and another couple?

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Celebrity Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 123,837 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Oh wow, I never tried that! My guess would be variable success, depending upon the names or if there is any way to indicate linked staterooms.

When your card is swiped, it shows the customer name, the stateroom # and their face.

Also, you only have two hands and I think the only venue with trays is Cafe Al Bacio.

Yes, another great idea! Are there any problems if you come up with four cards in getting drinks for your table to cover yourself, your wife and another couple?

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Celebrity Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 123,837 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Archived