Whale tail club??????

• 1 year later...
Welcome to the club, OP.:D

Now I'm curious..does the whale tail DO anything..or is it just a great big decoration?:confused:

The whale tail or the Farcus Funnel as it's also known houses the exhaust stacks and horns.

The WT Club was a more "real" club back when that was a topless deck and many people took advantage of having a more secluded deck for their escapades.

The whale tail or the Farcus Funnel as it's also known houses the exhaust stacks and horns.

The WT Club was a more "real" club back when that was a topless deck and many people took advantage of having a more secluded deck for their escapades.

Yep, took my 12 yr old son (by accident) to the topless deck on the Holiday back in 2005. First cruise and we were confused on navigating the ship. LOL

Hey Janey, I see from your siggy that you took at long back to back - how did you make it? Was it like the Florida sand and you got sick of it and were ready to get off the ship? I am thinking about a back to back in Oct - as a solo cruise. 2 @ 7 nighters. I have to fly in anyway so I am looking into the back to back trip thing.

Wait..when did they have a topless deck? And why on earth did they do away with it?:confused:

Wait..when did they have a topless deck? And why on earth did they do away with it?:confused:

When the ships added the big water slides, the topless decks were eliminated. Now the only place you can go topless is on your balcony.

I, too, thought it started as a club for proud "fluffy" members that boasted of their relatively vast bottoms. I distinctly recall reading somewhere-- probably on here-- that they were responsible for Carnival doing away with most of the arm chairs in the MDRs and on the Lido deck. I am being completely serious here and believe that they started as a real group.

Yep, took my 12 yr old son (by accident) to the topless deck on the Holiday back in 2005. First cruise and we were confused on navigating the ship. LOL

Hey Janey, I see from your siggy that you took at long back to back - how did you make it? Was it like the Florida sand and you got sick of it and were ready to get off the ship? I am thinking about a back to back in Oct - as a solo cruise. 2 @ 7 nighters. I have to fly in anyway so I am looking into the back to back trip thing.

I've only done a couple of B2B's.......one on the Glory and one on the Breeze. Both were just 2 weeks total, but they had alternating itineraries.......not that that really makes any difference to us anymore since we rarely get off the ship.

I love them, especially now that I'm retired and have more time. Flying anywhere from Tulsa is expensive, so I just try to make it worth it.

Like a PP said they started to do away with them when they added the big slides and the kids could see down on the deck from the top of the slide.....there was even a sign posted banning photography on that deck......

And at night time, it might as well been an open air hourly rate motel if you know what I mean....:eek:

Did you notice the women on Carnival. 95% have no business being topless in puplic.

Agree. The first cruise I went on back in 2002, I went to check out the topless deck. I, of coarse (being a male) was topless. But alas, nobody was up there. After a few days on the ship, I realized, I don't think there was many that I would want to see topless anyway.