hmmm....eye shadow question

tizzylizz

ok, kind of a silly question, but, just was thinking about how Im going to pack my make up.

I LOVE my Urban--Naked eyeshadow---it comes in quite a large compact & I don't mind taking it, but, I don't want the shadows to crack when traveling.

Anyone have any ideas on how to travel with it? Or I can just take other eye shadows. But, after using Urban Decay Naked--it is really hard to go back to my old stuff...lol.

Second, we plan on just traveling with carry ons & can't figure out for the life of me how to take my favorite hair spray!?!?! HELP! haha

I travel all over the world with both my Naked and Naked 2. I've never had an issue with breakage. I bring a backpack on the plane, and I put my makeup bag in my backpack. I would never check my makeup lol!

As for the hairspray, not sure what to tell you. Fortunately, mine comes in a travel size can. Is your hairspray aerosol or pump? If pump, just pour into a small bottle so you can carry it on. You can also scour the Internet to see if you can find a travel size if your brand. Worst case scenario, just put the full size in your checked luggage.

I travel all over the world with both my Naked and Naked 2. I've never had an issue with breakage. I bring a backpack on the plane, and I put my makeup bag in my backpack. I would never check my makeup lol!

As for the hairspray, not sure what to tell you. Fortunately, mine comes in a travel size can. Is your hairspray aerosol or pump? If pump, just pour into a small bottle so you can carry it on. You can also scour the Internet to see if you can find a travel size if your brand. Worst case scenario, just put the full size in your checked luggage.

I travel with both Nakeds and have never had a problem with any of the colors breaking......and would NEVER check my makeup, either. I could replace my clothes cheaper:o:p

I use Shaper hairspray (have a "lob") just to tame the flyaways, and it comes in travel size. Chigirlcruzin has a good point....most products make a travel size....you just have to find it!

ok, kind of a silly question, but, just was thinking about how Im going to pack my make up.

I LOVE my Urban--Naked eyeshadow---it comes in quite a large compact & I don't mind taking it, but, I don't want the shadows to crack when traveling.

Anyone have any ideas on how to travel with it? Or I can just take other eye shadows. But, after using Urban Decay Naked--it is really hard to go back to my old stuff...lol.

Second, we plan on just traveling with carry ons & can't figure out for the life of me how to take my favorite hair spray!?!?! HELP! haha

If you are going to fly into your port of departure a day ahead you could go shopping for hair spray there.

I travel with both Nakeds and have never had a problem with any of the colors breaking......and would NEVER check my makeup, either. I could replace my clothes cheaper:o:p

I use Shaper hairspray (have a "lob") just to tame the flyaways, and it comes in travel size. Chigirlcruzin has a good point....most products make a travel size....you just have to find it!

Oh, great...so glad to hear you all haven't had problems with Naked! I just got it at Christmas & haven't had a chance to travel with it. I know in the past I have had other eye shadows & other things crack.

We won't be checking any luggage, but, I also always carry on my make-up.

I haven't been able to find my hair spray in a travel size....and it is an aerosol. Might just have to use a different travel size brand.

If you are going to fly into your port of departure a day ahead you could go shopping for hair spray there.

Yes, I was planning on buying my sunscreen & wine since we will be flying in a day ahead. :)

But, won't be buying my favorite hairspray...it is too expensive & because it is such a large can--I wouldn't be able to bring it back home with me! :(

If you are still worried about bringing that palette with you, check on the Urban Decay website to see if they carry your favorite color of the palette in the "single serving" containers. I've carried a bunch of those, one or two colors at a time, when I've traveled and have had no issues. The single color containers are definitely smaller and I don't mind being wedded to one or two colors for a trip.

My fave hairspray is Tresseme Tres Two; no water so it dries quickly, and it's not sticky or stinky. You can get a travel size can at Walmart for like two bucks. It's on the shelf w/ the big cans, not with the travel size items.

This is my favorite too.

I would put the palette in my purse, and then under the seat, just to make sure it's not going to get tossed around as much as it could possibly get tossed around in a bag in the overhead (during turbulence, for example).

If you are still worried about bringing that palette with you, check on the Urban Decay website to see if they carry your favorite color of the palette in the "single serving" containers. I've carried a bunch of those, one or two colors at a time, when I've traveled and have had no issues. The single color containers are definitely smaller and I don't mind being wedded to one or two colors for a trip.

Was thinking about doing this...but, I'm too spoiled with all the color choices. :) Im just glad to hear that it sounds like it will travel fine.

What brand do you normally use?

loreal elnett satin...uv filter

Yay! I found it in a smaller size....but, I still may try the Tresseme Tres Two because my spray might not even work that great anyways in the warm caribbean weather.

Yay! I found it in a smaller size....but, I still may try the Tresseme Tres Two because my spray might not even work that great anyways in the warm caribbean weather.

Elnett is a really great spray, something that I used as a girl into my twenties and really loved those great big tins that it came in. And yes they do travel sizes but they are not cheap but glad to see you have found it already.

I don't need hairspray as much now as my hair is so long the weight of it keeps in under control as such but I use Moroccan Oil brand hairspray and Moroccan Oil Light now as it keeps it tame in the humidity.

Elnett is probably still one of the best known brands back home and classed as the Queen of Hairsprays.

I use the same hairspray, and it works great in the most humid areas. It withstood China in July!!

I have read a tip about packing any cosmetic that is pressed, ie, eyeshadow, powder...put a cotton ball on top of the item before closing the lid...it's supposed to keep the cosmetic from bouncing...haven't tried it, but it certainly couldn't hurt!

I travel with my makeup in checked baggage (oh the horror! ;) ) all of the time. I have never had a problem with breakage. I do put it in a sturdy makeup bag, and that bag is tightly packed, so there is less room for things to shift and move around. I also make sure to put the makeup bag itself in a secure spot in my luggage so that it will not move a lot and will be cushioned by other items.

Also, if the makeup or palettes you buy come with plastic inserts, make sure to save those. After all, those were designed to help the product withstand shipping in the first place, so they are your best bet for keeping product safe.

Archived