Has anyone done Day Passes at Coco Reef Resort?

LizzieTrowbridge

So glad to hear it was a great day there! I look forward to seeing your pictures. How was lunch?

DELISH!

We had the lentil soup and the Coco Reef Salad for starters which we split. And then we split the Cuban sandwich and the Coco Reef Fish Sandwich which both came with a large Chinese food container of the really crispy double-fried fries. We each had a nice cold glass of Becks Beer instead of the wine. Served very nicely on a real table cloth!!!! LOL Very civilized!

I might have pictures of the lunch on my iPad. I didn't have any on my phone.

Lunch and my husband taking a dip. The water was cool but ok to go in last week. I was in longer than he was. There were hardly any guests using the facilities. They all seemed to arrive at the end of the day. Weddings! We watched a rehearsal on the lawn.

1673082195_ImageUploadedByCruiseCriticForums1369508070.313249.jpg.8971633bce7176dc5a66673d00f56da8.jpg

212305940_ImageUploadedByCruiseCriticForums1369508091.375937.jpg.de411dff88bb1df6075defd778548311.jpg

204456145_ImageUploadedByCruiseCriticForums1369508174.717699.jpg.e51d24e9bff0bf75fb1845c9a0ab1dab.jpg

41795314_ImageUploadedByCruiseCriticForums1369508112.533377.jpg.a30644c41d36ae6faf2f6124433a01f0.jpg

1979589498_ImageUploadedByCruiseCriticForums1369508128.280795.jpg.67b9e029160255c8cd9eab0dd36109cc.jpg

Lunch and my husband taking a dip. The water was cool but ok to go in last week. I was in longer than he was. There were hardly any guests using the facilities. They all seemed to arrive at the end of the day. Weddings! We watched a rehearsal on the lawn.

[ATTACH]272548[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]272549[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]272550[/ATTACH][ATTACH]272551[/ATTACH][ATTACH]272552[/ATTACH]

thanks for the great photos. Did you book ahead of time? How far is it from Dockyard? Taxi or bus? So many questions, I don't go until aug 4 but I'm already very excited about the cruise.

It is far from the dockyard direct by bus or cab. Probably about an hour by bus. It is like the last beach to come to on the south shore. It is much closer to Hamilton that is why we took the ferry to Hamilton and the #7 bus back towards the Dockyard about a ten minute ride. Some one told us it would be a $65 cab ride direct. We could have taken the same #7 bus back to Dockyard at the end of the day but we decided to take the bus the other way to Hamilton so we could walk around for a little while and then take the 6pm ferry back to the ship. The Latitudes cocktail party was that night at 7 and we made it with time to spare. The ferry only takes 20 minutes.

No I didn't see any water sport equipment like that. The surf was pretty rough for kayaks. When we visited black bay, the guys there said that they were hoping to do that. You can do all that and more at the snorkel park. And you can walk there from the ship.

Mamagina

Thanks for the info and the great pics from the Coco Reef.

I just made a reservation on Friday for us to do a day there when we sail in two weeks. Really can't beat the deal they give you, especially when the public beach charges a ridiculous amount of money for chair rentals.

Wondering if anyone knows for sure what the cab fare from the dockyard to Coco Reef is??? We have a slightly disabled son and an hour between buses, ferry, walking etc might be a little too much for him.

Mamagina

Thanks for the info and the great pics from the Coco Reef.

I just made a reservation on Friday for us to do a day there when we sail in two weeks. Really can't beat the deal they give you, especially when the public beach charges a ridiculous amount of money for chair rentals.

Wondering if anyone knows for sure what the cab fare from the dockyard to Coco Reef is??? We have a slightly disabled son and an hour between buses, ferry, walking etc might be a little too much for him.

We shared a cab with another couple from our roll call. So for 4 of us it was $40 each way which included the tip. If I remember right...it was a flat $35 each way (maybe for up to 4 ppl?) plus tip so it made sense for us to share.

I forgot to add. Free wifi in the lobby and the the restaurant. At times it even reached out to the pool and the upper part of the beach. We were able to FaceTime with our daughter in North Carolina and give her a tour.

I had emailed ahead but was told that there was no need for a reservation for two. Only for six or more.

We shared a cab with another couple from our roll call. So for 4 of us it was $40 each way which included the tip. If I remember right...it was a flat $35 each way (maybe for up to 4 ppl?) plus tip so it made sense for us to share.

Thank you! Not too bad, so I guess we'll cab it there!

I forgot to add. Free wifi in the lobby and the the restaurant. At times it even reached out to the pool and the upper part of the beach. We were able to FaceTime with our daughter in North Carolina and give her a tour.

I had emailed ahead but was told that there was no need for a reservation for two. Only for six or more.

Thank you so much for the great review. We are planning for a trip there next week.

• 2 months later...

We just returned from our Bermuda Cruise, and we did the Day Pass at the Coco Reef. It was fabulous. One new thing to note: THEY DO WANT YOU TO MAKE A RESERVATION IN ADVANCE. You can do this via email at: VAngelo@CocoReef.bm

They are requiring the advance reservation, because the locals are coming more frequently, and they now have set a limit on how many day passes they want to give out. They want to make sure they have room available for their hotel guests. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday are especially heavy with locals requesting day passes.

We took the ferry from the Dockyard to Hamilton, and then got a cab to CoCo Reef. Cab fare was $10-11 one way. When we were finished, we had the front desk call us a cab back to the Hamilton Ferry. Same fee.

The Beach area was lovely! Although there was a strong tow from a Tropical Storm further away. Just had to watch and be careful. It was gorgeous there. We spent the morning on the beach, and then would go up for lunch, and spend the afternoon at the pool.

We enjoyed ourselves so much, that we scheduled to do it again the next day and bring some others that were in our traveling party. They were glad we did, as they thought it was wonderful too.

We went on a Monday and Tuesday, and it was practically our own private area. There were only a few other day passers there. I highly recommend this if you are looking for a relaxing day at the beach/pool with a glorious view. Lunch was excellent, and we tried the Fish Sandwich and Cuban Sandwich. They do have a separate menu for the day passes, which was certainly adequate.

• 5 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay in answering! Yes, we took the ferry to Hamilton and then a taxi to Coco Reef. It was metered, and the trip to Coco Reef cost about $11 + tip and the ride back to Hamilton cost about $12 + tip, because there was more traffic and it took a little longer. We arranged to share a taxi with another couple on our roll call, so we split the cost.