Late Flight out of Orlando

oneboysmom

Hi, my flight after my cruise isn't until 8:40pm. So, basically we will have all day in Orlando. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do, at a reasonable cost. I have rented a car, due to our luggage from the airport. Giving maybe 6 hours to do something, any suggestions/past experiences would be appreciated!! It would be in April, so weather should be good.

Hi, my flight after my cruise isn't until 8:40pm. So, basically we will have all day in Orlando. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do, at a reasonable cost. I have rented a car, due to our luggage from the airport. Giving maybe 6 hours to do something, any suggestions/past experiences would be appreciated!! It would be in April, so weather should be good.

Last time I went to Sea World (my flight left at 7pm). Next time I will most likely go to Discovery Cove. However, the Kennedy Space Center is also an excellent option.

There's tons of stuff to do....the question is what do you like to do?

Disney? You can spend time at downtown disney and disney's boardwalk (both free).

Universal Orlando is easy to do in a day if you don't mind skipping some stuff. Universal Orlando Citywalk is full of shops and restaurants and is "free", except for the parking fee.

SeaWorld is an option.

In downtown Orlando, they have all of the touristy places..Ripley's museum, etc..

Gatorland - the "go to" FLA experience (lol)

There are numerous "outlet malls" in the area (last time we were there DW caught a vera bradley 60% off sale and I got some jeans for $15 a pair in BASS...good deals can be had there :) ).

Need more ideas?

Rent a car on Port Canaveral for the day. Then visit Kennedy Space Center and other museums/attractions in the area.

For the boardwalk, park in the Boardwalk Resort lot and tell the parking folks you are visiting the Boardwalk area for a few hours before your flight.

Parking enforcement can get a bit overzealous because people try to park there for free all day and then walk\boat to EPCOT from the boardwalk area.

Archived