Triumph and Sunshine News

I think they are communicating, but just with themselves.

I kept hearing about everyone getting great OBC on this last sale.

But the Magic just went up in price !

I guess someone at Carnival new that Triumph was not going to sail.

So they knew that some of them would try and book Magic.

So lets Jack up the prices.

But it is only $100 more for an inside, than what it was two weeks ago.

:rolleyes:

For those who do change over to Magic,

Just don't forget to join the roll calls !!!

:rolleyes:

I was on the 4/26 sailing of Sunshine but I gotta get Carnival props - I called and was very upset when I picked up the phone since I heard abou the cancellation on Facebook BEFORE getting an official notice from Carnival. I got a rep on the phone. It was her first call of the day so she hadnt heard yet so she put me on hold to research. She came back and was great - got a much better fare for the exact same cruise just a little more than a month later, an additional 25% off, a really nice upgrade AND they have already responded to my emails regarding paying for my flight change fees. They paid the change fee and the difference in fare.

It still sucks that I have to wait longer but I am very pleased with how they handled it once I got in touch with them.

I am trying to help my mom change her 4/26 Sunshine cruise and she was told that they would not pay for the difference in air fare costs, only the change fees. Who did you talk to about that?

Yes it is a shame Carnival canclled 12 cruises effecting roughly 36000, and they can't manage to either call or get letters to all 36000 beefore someone can open their browser and post it on CC

OMG....LOL thats hysterical...thanks for the smile

Bearing in mind that the media is hot for any cruise related mishap, and will sensationalize things (that's the nature of the beast).

Tom

I never realized HOW much until today.

I am in the car with the radio on.

A commercial comes on for a local car dealer...wasn't paying attention to what they were saying, until I heard the words 'FREE CRUISE', so my ears automatically perked up.

Then I hear, "And you will be happy that it isn't a CARNIVAL cruise!!"

I was like, OMG :eek: Seriously?? The car dealers now actually make commercials mocking the line????

They made that statement THREE times during the commercial.

I lost interest in the commercial when I realized they were not giving away a cruise, they were actually giving away a CHEVY CRUZ.

I lost interest in the commercial when I realized they were not giving away a cruise, they were actually giving away a CHEVY CRUZ.

There was a Florida Hooter's restaurant where the manager caught some heat several years ago. He was running a (beer sales) contest for the waitresses and promised the winner a free "Toyota". The winner was instead given a free "Toy Yoda" (as in a Star Wars doll)! She sued! (LINK) :D

Tom

A commercial comes on for a local car dealer...wasn't paying attention to what they were saying, until I heard the words 'FREE CRUISE', so my ears automatically perked up.

I was like, OMG :eek: Seriously?? The car dealers now actually make commercials mocking the line????

A bad commute in a Chevy Cruz beats standing on a dock with no Carnival cruise in sight. :p

We must have been listening to the same station:D Heard it yesterday too...I thought...Are you kidding me:mad:

..I thought...Are you kidding me:mad:

I know. I found it in really poor taste. I don't understand it...a car dealer of all things??? I have had my car recalled 6 times in the 9 years I have had it.

It's a car...stuff happens, they fix it and it still keeps going. You just hope when using any 'machine' that when and if it does have an issue, that it isn't something that will get you hurt.....Again, Carnival has their work cut out for them fixing their reputation. They truly need to stay 'clean' for a VERY long time.

We were on the Triumph 5/11, got cxld. Immediatley called Carnival, got rescheduled on Magic 5/26. I love Carnival but I do feel like we got the short end. Yes we're now going on a 7 day but even with the 15% discount it's still costing more. More $ for gratuities. More $ for parking. Lost our OBC because it was the result of price reduction on Triumph and now we're not on the Triumph...........and whose fault is that? Not ours, but o.k. Then the price increase was too much for us to continue with our balcony so we had to down grade to a OV-6M. Price I was seeing said $629. Price on email when sent was $649, price then went to $659. Called, waited another 90 minutes, finally got thru and was told that's the rate. I did make the comment that I can kind of understand the frustration some ppl are having, we feel like we lost more than we gained at this point. We will still have a great vacation but it would have been nice to at least have what we had.............See ya on the Magic 5/26/13.

Seriously? People are all b*tching that Carnival needs to improve their maintenance, etc and when they do that, people complain. I guess it is correct that some people are never happy.

I have read so many threads on this board about how Carnival needs to step up to the plate and take care of their maintenance and when they do, people still complain. How do you expect them to do the work and take care of the issues without cancelling a few cruises?

I applaud Carnival for stepping up and doing what everyone seems to be screaming for. While I would not be happy if they cancelled my cruise in October, I sure would understand if they were doing it so what happened with the Triumph did not happen to another ship.

Amen TerReuv: I'm scheduled on the Carnival Sunshine next year, and I'm happy that Carnival is doing what is necessary to improve their fleet. People moaned and groaned all last week and the week before about the problems with Carnival and their ships. Now that Carnival is stepping up to the plate, they are upset because of that. At least Carnival is taking care of their passengers with a refund, discount for future cruise and all travel arrangements they might have made. Yes, it is an inconvenience, but if it wasn't done and they had a problem with the ship, then customers would be talking about that as well. I'm glad that they are taking care business. I was originally scheduled on Norwegian, but when I heard about all the bad news going on with Carnival, I wanted to show my family and friends that I was not afraid to sail with them again. LOYALTY. :p

Since both the Triumph and the Destiny (Sunshine...whatever) are both older ships...

I wonder if some new technology has been developed since their construction that Carnival is now adding???

If not new "equipment", perhaps a better way of wiring and routing the electrical???

our cruise on trimph 4-27-13 canceled, switched over to magic for 4-28-13, told us the difference was 80.00 dollars each, get email saying 136. diffence. was told they would contact us to ask for ok to charge cc for difference, no calls yet and its been over 36 hs......oh and we have til 25th to pay? person who did all the switching has gotten over two hundred emails from carnival since she talked to them.......:eek:

Clever commercial

Seriously? People are all b*tching that Carnival needs to improve their maintenance, etc and when they do that, people complain. I guess it is correct that some people are never happy.

I have read so many threads on this board about how Carnival needs to step up to the plate and take care of their maintenance and when they do, people still complain. How do you expect them to do the work and take care of the issues without cancelling a few cruises?

I applaud Carnival for stepping up and doing what everyone seems to be screaming for. While I would not be happy if they cancelled my cruise in October, I sure would understand if they were doing it so what happened with the Triumph did not happen to another ship.

Do you also applaud Carnival for not informing the 30K passengers directly and putting the word out about the cancellations on Facebook and through John Heald's blog? Read the number of Honeymoon and families that were informed two weeks before the cruise with non-refundable travel costs. Agree it needed to be done, but they should have informed the passengers directly or through their TA's. A week later, there are passengers who still have the cruises listed in their CCL accounts and are unaware of the cancellations. Poor follow through......

Archived