WIsh I'd Booked Early Saver

Luluwa

I booked the Magic for Oct 20th on Past Guest Rate but now I wished I'd booked Early Saver because the rate has dropped a little bit. I'd cancel and rebook but I don't want to loose the cabin I have. :confused:

I booked the Magic for Oct 20th on Past Guest Rate but now I wished I'd booked Early Saver because the rate has dropped a little bit. I'd cancel and rebook but I don't want to loose the cabin I have. :confused:

Which rate is cheaper, ES or PG? If the PG is cheaper, you can still price match. I've been doing it since I've been booked on 2 of my cruises that are booked under PG (well now it's just one of them, but that's besides the point).

Also, if ES is still available on that sailing, you can switch to ES. I did that for my October sailing on the Breeze. If Early Saver happens to be higher than the current sale, then all you do is switch to ES and then put in the price protection for the current sale.

But whatever you choose to do, you'll still get the price reduction.

I don't know why people tell those who book under PG that they are not eligible for price reductions; we are. We're only SOL if our final payment date has passed. We can price match to all rates that we are eligible for; obviously we can't price match to Early Saver because we didn't book that rate, but if it's still available, we can switch to it if we'd like.

And no one can price match to Super Saver or Instant Saver except for those people who booked Early Saver prior to 12/3/12. I'm not sure about Easy Saver, but I'd assume if we were able to, we'd lose all ability to price match (except for those who booked Early Saver prior to 12/3/12).

So Leo's Rule how do I put in for the PG price reduction? Can I use the Early Saver Claim Form or do I have to call Carnival, I know they have a 1-2 hour hold time right now ugh! :eek:

I don't know why people tell those who book under PG that they are not eligible for price reductions; we are. We're only SOL if our final payment date has passed. We can price match to all rates that we are eligible for; obviously we can't price match to Early Saver because we didn't book that rate' date=' but if it's still available, we can switch to it if we'd like.

And no one can price match to Super Saver or Instant Saver except for those people who booked Early Saver prior to 12/3/12. I'm not sure about Easy Saver, but I'd assume if we were able to, we'd lose all ability to price match (except for those who booked Early Saver prior to 12/3/12).[/quote']

So Leo's Rule how do I put in for the PG price reduction? Can I use the Early Saver Claim Form or do I have to call Carnival, I know they have a 1-2 hour hold time right now ugh! :eek:

I think you would have to call Carnival to see if they'd give you the price drop. The Early Saver Claim Form should only be used to ES bookings.

If prior to final payment and not booked ES you still get the price reductions - simply call Carnival or contact your PVP for help.

Only those booked under ES can get OBC once prices drop AFTER final payment. You may wish to switch to ES at some point prior to final payment (if still available) if you think that might happen!

I don't know why people tell those who book under PG that they are not eligible for price reductions; we are. We're only SOL if our final payment date has passed. We can price match to all rates that we are eligible for; obviously we can't price match to Early Saver because we didn't book that rate' date=' but if it's still available, we can switch to it if we'd like.

And no one can price match to Super Saver or Instant Saver except for those people who booked Early Saver prior to 12/3/12. I'm not sure about Easy Saver, but I'd assume if we were able to, we'd lose all ability to price match (except for those who booked Early Saver prior to 12/3/12).[/quote']

We always book at past guest rate, will be on the Liberty in July and have not made final payment yet. We have had 4 price drops so far. With yesterday's past guest sale we got another $ 70.00 off & went from the Verandah deck to Panorama deck for the same price. We do have a T/A who makes the calls for us. I would call Carnival.

I think you would have to call Carnival to see if they'd give you the price drop. The Early Saver Claim Form should only be used to ES bookings.

Yes, as Sparky2 stated, you'll need to call Carnival directly if you booked online, or contact your PVP or TA if you used one of those to book. But make a screen shot of the price. Make sure the ship name, sailing date, and prices are showing in the screen shot. You'll only need the screen shot if you're denied for some reason or if the rep is saying they don't see that fare.

I think you still get the credit if you haven't paid in full, don't hold me to it though!

CALL today! We are booked under Past Guest for the June 9 Magic sailing and we have received two price reductions for a total of almost $900 in refunds per balcony cabin. The Past Guest rate absolutely is eligible for price reductions up until the final payment due date. All it takes is a phone call. Good luck!

ETA: Both reductions happened after I had paid in full, but before the final payment cutoff date. I got money refunded to the credit card I used to pay for the trip.

Of course you will still get the price reduction. The only benefit of ES kicks in after final payment date.

Just call and they will reduce your remaining balance. I have done it many times. I never book ES, always PG. I just got over $500 price drop for my upcoming Breeze cruise. My remaining balance is now over $500 less.

Every rate can get the price drops before final payment. You will have to call Carnival, your PVP or your TA though- they will reject the Early Saver claim form since your not Early Saver. AFTER final payment then youre out of luck unless your Early Saver.

I am booked past guest and called yesterday and they adjusted my fare to match the sale - saved me $200!

I had no problem getting the lowest available rate for my past guest cabin when they thought I would cancel the booking. You should try it. It worked for me.

ha ha! They rather give you a discount than 100% of your money back. Never looked at it that way.

Archived