Cucumber beach

jcool

First, Belize is a tender port, no docking NCL tenders go to Tourist Village, where all ship's tenders go. There are different docks there but all visable and withing a 5 minute walk end to end. Once outside the gates, it's about a 15 minute taxi ride as they typically circle around downtwon Belize to get over to the Western Highway.

Here's a website link of what there.

http://www.oldbelize.com/index.php?section=1

At one time it was primarily open on the weekends as this is the local Belizeans beach for Belize City. It's a manmade beach and marina. But if open an interesting place for both culture and sun bathing.

Thank you crewsweeper for the information. I would love to go to the beach but because we are tendering I do not want to make plans with Island marketing. Because I am scare that I will be late getting their. And they will go with out me and I will lose my money.

Thank you crewsweeper for the information. I would love to go to the beach but because we are tendering I do not want to make plans with Island marketing. Because I am scare that I will be late getting their. And they will go with out me and I will lose my money.

First, remember there's now a 2 hour difference between Belize and the US East Coast. So if outside cruise line vendors are expressing meet up times in Belize time and your ship's time remains on the "home" port time, that'll help with the meet up. Plus there are ways to get off the ship on an early tender, mostly dependent on you getting to the gathering spot for tenders earlier than the listed first tender time. Additionally, most outside vendors are fully aware of the time differences and probably know better than you when your last tender leaves. It's in their interest, given their business is driven by word of mouth, to get you back to the ship on time, something not necessarily on the minds of non-excursion vendors, like the public water taxis. So a little searching for reviews, a little digging on understanding port/tender times, and a little effort on your part should create an excellent external vendor excursion for you and your party. Many people have taken these excursions and NOT been left behind either going or returning to the ship. You hear of fewer people missing the last tenders in Belize than you do missing the docked ships in Cozumel.

But whatever you decide, enjoy the cruise and enjoy Belize.:)

Archived