A Little Miffed At Carnival

AngAndBoys

OK, I'm neither a cheerleader or a chronic complainer. I booked an April Triumph cruise knowing full well it was a gamble. I am not at all upset that it got cancelled. I'd rather be on a fully working ship for sure. No biggie.

However, getting it rebooked was kind of nightmarish. First of all, I looked yesterday afternoon for the same itenerary out of New Orleans, found it, called my sis in law after work to see if she could change dates and place. She was good to go, so I went back online and the price was up $100. Really? That pretty much takes my "25% discount" away. Then I got on the phone and held for 2 hours before hanging up and going to bed. I followed the prompts for displaced Triumph passengers. I did go ahead and put a hold on a cabin, lest the prices go up again.

This morning, I got on again and held for 30 minutes before hanging up. I read the boards and found out people were getting through faster. So I called back and used the prompts for new bookings. Low and behold, someone picked up in about 3 minutes. No kidding.

I am a little bit shocked that you get way worse service, apparently, if you need to rebook a cruise they cancelled than if you need to book a new one. One would think they would have people dedicated to taking care of the mess they created by cancelling 12 more cruises.

Anyway. I'm over it. I'm still going on a cruise next month! And it did ultimately cost me less...mostly cause there are no balcony cabins on the ones going out of NO so I had to downgrade to a OV...which is fine. A cruise is a cruise and it will be fun even if we stay in a broom closet!

Just a guess, but I think that since they already botched your cruise experience, they are not going to divert more manpower away from new bookings. If they neglect the new customers, then they'll have Triumph angry passengers PLUS angry new passengers.

Well, you knew you were rolling the dice with the Triumph booking so you might need to lay low for 24 hours, even though you have your heart set on a new date. They must be out of their minds, with Carnival trying every fare deal under the sun, plus the rebookings, plus all of the travel changes- it's got to be absolutely crazy in PVP-ville.

Archived