New Sandals.....

Lois R

I have no problem at all spending more for a comfortable pair of quality shoes and owning fewer shoes overall. My feet are happier and most of the time I get a lot more wear (and lower cost per wear) over time from the better quality/more expensive shoes. It's not a horrible choice to make:D

(I don't spend money just to spend money, of course. I want quality at a good price - so I do comparison shop:p)

You & PurpleHaze may have convinced me! The Easter Bunny may bring me a nice pair of sandals this year!!

There are sooooooo many choices these days, like a bazillion but these bring back some memories.;) I won't say how long ago but there was a time when everyone was wearing this style. Only thing is they came in one color, tan, but you could get them in a smooth leather or a nubuck.:)

The color went with everything and the style could be worn with everything from jeans to dresses.

I had these in the tan color! Everybody did didn't they? too funny!!

A long time ago someone mentioned “Onesole”--the clogs with changeable/snap-on tops. If anyone is interested in these at a really good price, they are available at Costco in Altamonte Springs, Fl. (near Orlando) until March 30. They will be at the Orlando (near UCF) the following week--I’m thinking until April 6. I paid $39.95 instead of $85 for the soles, and $15 per additional top. They’re really pretty and could be used for onboard daytime, even formal night--depending on the design uou choose. Free up space for other goodies!

WOW ... these are so interesting!!! I've never heard of them and I am going to have to give them a try.

Vintage Candie's...and for flat sandals I wore Dr. Scholl's. And what were the clogs with the wood platforms and perforated leather uppers called?

Olga clogs, I used to wear clogs when I was younger in the 70's. They were really comfortable. I also had the high heel Candie's too.

..and for flat sandals I wore Dr. Scholl's. And what were the clogs with the wood platforms and perforated leather uppers called?

Uncomfortable!

They came out with lots of newer designs of these original Dr School wooden sandals a couple years back with the buckled strap across the bridge of your foot but they are still clumpy, heavy to wear and uncomfortable IMO I bought a flowery style and they are lying upstairs in my walk closet unworn!

They do make more 'modern' styles now but when I hear Dr School, I think if these clog sandals and inserts:D

http://www.drschollsshoes.com/en-US/Womens/_/_/Sandals/_/Products.aspx

To Kim_KS

Did you ever get your Sseko Sandals?

I did! I got them in one day because they are shipped from the city I love in - lol. Finally it was warm enough on Easter to wear them. I love them!!! They are really comfortable and it's going to be fun trying out new styles. I bought some ribbon to try out some DIY straps and that will open up lots of options. The only downside I see to them is when you take them off, you have to restring them next time you put them on. I think there are some "slip-on" styles but I haven't tried them yet. I would definitely recommend them.

Just got these 2 sandals (seem to be stuck on Orange!). Both are from Steinmart.

20130405_141916_zps776995ab.jpg

They are pretty though Judy.

I am not usually a fan of solid orange but a little in a shoe or top is OK:D. I have one pair of Orange wedges and an Orange purse I bought to match and they have been in my closet unloved for years. Maybe this summer they will see an outing :cool:

Edited by CELTICGIRLCRUISER

You're killing me! I have to get those shoes. :)

I nearly bought them in beige too but they are quite similar to the gold ones I already have so I resisted (for now). I bought a black Lulu Guinness purse instead. I do still love bling but I still have a weakness for black too.

So I then went to Aldo and bought a bunch of bracelets that look like the ankle part of these style of shoes so shall try them all out this weekend when we go away:D

I gave in!

Bought these yesterday, to replace my other Kurt Geiger ones in post 54 which have seen better days.

http://www.shoes.com/en-US/Product/95377-1029209/ZIGI+SOHO/Blkfx/Womens+NALLA.aspx

Oh wow, I LOVE those! I also like the Milan style. My only worry is with all those things attached to them, whether they would travel well crammed in my suitcase...I'm guessing not. Then again, I live in Florida now so I could wear them at home all the time...hmm. :)

Oh wow, I LOVE those! I also like the Milan style. My only worry is with all those things attached to them, whether they would travel well crammed in my suitcase...I'm guessing not. Then again, I live in Florida now so I could wear them at home all the time...hmm. :)

They are made well and I haven't lost anything from the three pairs I have. I cram them into my purse, suitcases and kick around in them most days or evenings. I get compliments about them all the time.

Hi Celtic Girl -

This isn't a fashion question, but, I notice in your signature that after your Carnival Ectasy cruise in November 2011 you mention this put you off Carnival - I just wondered if you wrote a review of that trip that I could read - just curious as to what happened? (I'm nosey!)

They are made well and I haven't lost anything from the three pairs I have. I cram them into my purse, suitcases and kick around in them most days or evenings. I get compliments about them all the time.

You convinced me. And I need to stop reading this board! I just spent $50 on some similar sandals--free 2 day shipping with Amazon Prime and 20% off convinced me to get this slightly different style...

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AMHPG32/ref=pe_175190_21431760_M3T1_ST1_dp_1

I am turning into a Floridian for sure! Never would have worn sandals this blingy in my past life! :)

Hi Celtic Girl -

This isn't a fashion question, but, I notice in your signature that after your Carnival Ectasy cruise in November 2011 you mention this put you off Carnival - I just wondered if you wrote a review of that trip that I could read - just curious as to what happened? (I'm nosey!)

Oh it's a long boring story but to keep it really short, for us in life we will always come across problems as nothing is perfect, but it is how things are handled when there is a problem and Carnival failed miserably on the inaugural sailing from PC on the Ecstasy. I vote with my feet:D

You convinced me. And I need to stop reading this board! I just spent $50 on some similar sandals--free 2 day shipping with Amazon Prime and 20% off convinced me to get this slightly different style...

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AMHPG32/ref=pe_175190_21431760_M3T1_ST1_dp_1

I am turning into a Floridian for sure! Never would have worn sandals this blingy in my past life! :)

Nice! I have the same ones only in the gold glitz, I love them.

I just bought these as an alternative to my heels since I think they will go well with the dresses I have and give me another option if my feet start hurting.

http://www.payless.com/store/product/detail.jsp?catId=cat10088&subCatId=cat10285&skuId=125726065&productId=72016&lotId=125726&category=&catdisplayName=Womens

Oh wow those are cute! I want the bronze and the pewter! Did you order online, or do they carry them in their stores?

I just bought these as an alternative to my heels since I think they will go well with the dresses I have and give me another option if my feet start hurting.

http://www.payless.com/store/product/detail.jsp?catId=cat10088&subCatId=cat10285&skuId=125726065&productId=72016&lotId=125726&category=&catdisplayName=Womens

They are the perfect alternative and dressy enough for evenings.