Bringing wine on embarkation day

Canuckleheadd

Question for frequent Celebrity cruisers:

The alcohol policy states that we can bring two bottles of wine per stateroom on board at embarkation day.

1. So....... does that mean any size bottles?:rolleyes:

2. If my cabin mate and I each bring two bottles, will we get into "trouble"?:o

These are serious questions people. Would love to hear your experiences, especially at Port Everglades.

Or is this a taboo subject because the "Celebrity alcohol police" is watching...?

Bottles are supposed to be no larger than 750 ml; recently reported here that larger bottles were being confiscated.

You MIGHT 'get into trouble' if you were found out each bringing two bottles; I'm sure it's done all the time. Worst case is they will hold the extra bottles and give them back to you the night before disembarking. I think.

On the last four Celebrity cruise we brought 2 bottles each on board...in our carry on. Nothing was said. Additionally, we brought on two fine bottles at the Madeira (sp) stop and we went right through with nothing said.

We really do like Celebrity! Take your chances. As long as you do not have some new enthusiatic man on the job doing the checking you should be OK. But you do take your chances. Worst case...you get the confiscated wine on the afternoon of the last day of your cruise.

In Miami there were signs stating two 750ml of wine per stateroom. They definitely checked our bag that had the wine in it. It was the last bag to get to our cabin and had tag inside that said "clean bag".

I have also had varying luck bringing bottles back from ports. One Med cruise, we brought something local back from almost every port (I don't even think we knew we weren't supposed to back then!) I remember the limoncello specifically. But the next cruise, our tablemates reported having bottles taken from them when they reboarded -- so who knows.

I would like to bring some wine on board from our stop in Madeira--we'll see how that works out!

It is my belief that they are scanning bags - not cabin numbers. You can:

a) check no more than 2 bottles in a bag - dont get crazy with 2 bottles each in 3 bags!

b) check no more than 2 in your bag and carry no more than 2 on...

How are they capturing carry-on vs. what you packed in a bag? They aren't but don't be tempted to overdo it. We had the premium bev pkg but wanted to celebrate with some nice wine of our own on our balcony without the hassle of to and fro'ing. We accidently packed a little more and everything was fine. I understand the policy is that they will confiscate "overages" if they find them, but will return them at the end of the voyage.

I thank you all for the tips and answers.

I am really mainly interested in embarkation day. It's a 15-day cruise so I'll need at least 2 bottles if I want a glass of wine every other day (not a huge drinker). My cabin mate may want the same, so that's the point of the 2 each question, and of course if the bottles could be 1500 ml that would be even better:rolleyes:, but I won't get greedy. If I run out mid-cruise, I may take my chances with one bottle at a port stop. I agree that you take your chances, but the worst case scenario is getting it back at the end.

Archived