Legend of the Seas Borneo Cruise March 2013 Picture Review

Alrighty, I'm turning in for the night. A working day tomorrow!

Thank you very much for taking the time to put this together, it is very informative and entertaining, looking forward to the next few days!

Glad you liked it.

Yes, there was plenty of live music on this ship, far more than what we experienced on the Voyager back in Dec 12. There would be live music in the Centrum, from the afternoons and also in the evenings after dinner time.

And yes, people were dancing.

And yes, there were seats at Deck 5 (Centrum on Deck 4) where people could sit down and watch the proceedings. Very lively atmosphere.

Thanks so much, now I know for sure we will go. We were not sure to do the Legend or the Eclipse next year. They both doing Southern Caribbean. One newer bigger ship and Celebrity and the legend RCCL smallest ship. I'm sure we will love the legend. We love lively ship. Thanks again for all the pictures and information.

What a wonderful review. I started reading it because we booked a cruise on the Legend for February, 2014 and I wanted to see how it looks since the renovations. However, now I'm more interested in the ports and all your comments on the food and your experiences. We hope to do an Asian cruise next year.

Two questions for you. Did you notice if the computers in the computer center new or were they the old ones? Was the theater crowded?

Thank you. Looking forward to the rest of your cruise.

Unfortunately, no. Can't use this from Deck 7 aft.

Glad you liked the review so far.

You are helping me tolerate the 14 inches of snow that was just dumped on us yesterday. What a treat to see it through your eyes. Will be sailing the Legend in December and I'm in the aft on deck 7 so thanks for the heads up about the soot.

Thanks so much for this wonderful review! We are eager to board the Legend in a week or so in Singapore for the repositioning cruise.

OP or anyone, is Park Cafe have an additional fee or is it one of the complimentary choices?

Love the pictures from the solarium and the ports...can't wait to see Borneo.

Thanks so much for this wonderful review! We are eager to board the Legend in a week or so in Singapore for the repositioning cruise.

OP or anyone, is Park Cafe have an additional fee or is it one of the complimentary choices?

Love the pictures from the solarium and the ports...can't wait to see Borneo.

The Park Cafe is complimentary :) and delicious. :)

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this wonderful review. We sail on Legend April 5 after spending 2/3 days on Singapore. Seeing these fabulous pictures has increased my anticipation! Specially liked to see diamond lounge and Park Cafe as enjoyed them on newly refurbished Grandeur. Today in the west of Scotland it is 1degree Celius cannot wait to get to the warmth! Thank you again.

Welcome to Singapore!! Hope you enjoy the sun here.

This was the dessert trio. This was the weakest link, in my opinion. The dessert was moderately good, but not what one would expect for a Chef’s Table. Perhaps my palate has already been won over by Portofino’s Dessert Sampler, so nothing else compares? Anyway, I didn’t finish my dessert.

1447nt0.jpg

Agree...the dessert was a let down.

Are you hearing us...RCI ?

Thanks for the lovely photos and details.

We must have met in the Diamond Lounge or in passing.

Not to out-do your good self, but from a different perspective ---this is my two cents worth...

http://daddytravel.blogspot.sg/

https://picasaweb.google.com/103888485910436380638

https://picasaweb.google.com/103888485910436380638/2013MarchFoodOnLOSAndPalawanKK

Looking forward to your next review of the Mariner of the Seas when it calls in Singapore.

Edited by JohnPaulla

We had the Chef’s Table on Day 1. This was one highlight of our cruise. Originally, they told us that there weren’t enough people, but somehow they made it happen. The Chef's Table on Legend OTS can take up to 12. They needed 8 to open the Table, otherwise it would not be held.

Thanks for the share. We are on LOTS next month and have booked the dining package as well.

We picked one of the sea days, mid-cruise, for the Chefs table. Do you know if we can change this when we are on board.

If there aren't enough people on the day you pick, do they move you to a different day?

From my reading of the instructions I think we need to book a day for Grills and Izumi on the first day we are on board. Is that correct?

Thanks!

This was the ‘secret staircase’. From Deck 8, near the aft cabins, there was this staircase that led directly to the Spa and Fitness centre, and very near the Solarium and the brand new Park Café! Very convenient for us.

29vla1y.jpg

15nq4qt.jpg

Secret Staircase,ie Anne Frank, Staircase,lol

Puerto Princesa was still rather undeveloped. It did look rather poor. A shame, really. Some history. The Philippines was the richest and most developed country in South East Asia in the 1960s. Today, it is probably one of the poorest, if not the poorest. What happened?

14a9114.jpg

Maybe Corruption?

Edited by campingman

Great question. I don't know the answer. I assume, if you tell them your allergies, they would prepare something else.

A few in my group didn't want to do the lamb. So the Chef gave them a salmon instead. However, I don't think the alternative (i.e. Salmon) was anything fantastic or special. Just standard stuff.

Pity you are allergic to seafood. The first dish was FANTABULOUS! (sorrry, I know there is no such word)

Love your Wor

What a wonderful review. I started reading it because we booked a cruise on the Legend for February, 2014 and I wanted to see how it looks since the renovations. However, now I'm more interested in the ports and all your comments on the food and your experiences. We hope to do an Asian cruise next year.

Two questions for you. Did you notice if the computers in the computer center new or were they the old ones? Was the theater crowded?

Thank you. Looking forward to the rest of your cruise.

Please visit Singapore!

1) Computers felt new. I surfed on one of them, checking out the Royal Caribbean website.

2) Theater was crowded indeed. That's typical of an Asian cruise, really. Seems that everybody wants to watch the shows. Go early if you want a good seat.

You are helping me tolerate the 14 inches of snow that was just dumped on us yesterday. What a treat to see it through your eyes. Will be sailing the Legend in December and I'm in the aft on deck 7 so thanks for the heads up about the soot.

Hope the soot isn't too bad for you.

Deck 8 aft balconies are quite unsheltered, making them a very good place to sun-tan. I think Deck 7 aft balconies are a little more sheltered. Maybe they won't get so much soot.

Edited by Iluvcruising2

Thanks for the share. We are on LOTS next month and have booked the dining package as well.

We picked one of the sea days, mid-cruise, for the Chefs table. Do you know if we can change this when we are on board.

If there aren't enough people on the day you pick, do they move you to a different day?

From my reading of the instructions I think we need to book a day for Grills and Izumi on the first day we are on board. Is that correct?

Thanks!

I think you can change your Chefs Table date. No harm checking with the dining room staff once you get onboard. They are eager to help.

If there aren't enough people on a given day, their policy is not to open the Chef's Table. You will be moved to another day.

You do not need to book for Chops and Izumi on the first day that you board. We didn't. We booked it on the fly, though we had some idea which day we wanted as these venues were not crowded at all during our cruise. I suppose most first-time cruisers may not start off with speciality restaurants.