Cassis/Calanques (Marseilles)

Safety Squirrel

• 4 months later...

You can get to the calanques from either Cassis or Marseille. If your ship is stopping off in Marseille, it would be easier to see them from that end. Several boat companies offer calanques tours of varying lengths: they all have stands on the Old Port of Marseille. More about the calanques and how to get to them: http://www.marseille-provence.info/places/sights-and-attractions/237-the-calanques.html

You can take the train from Toulon to Cassis for about 10 Euro per person each way, then take a taxi or shuttle from the train station to the town centre.

Or you can take a Taxi right from Toulon to Cassis which is about 75 Euro. Get the driver to take you to Cap Canaille on the way back. Stunning views!

Thank you, that is a very useful website. May I ask, would you recommend a taxi from the port, or a shuttle? I've read that our ship (NCL Epic) docks several miles from the Old Port. Thanks, again.

We will be coming into Marseille on the Epic on Sept 13th. Wondered if you ended up doing any type of a tour here and what did you think?

• 3 weeks later...

Been away for a bit, just picked up this thread. There is a free shuttle bus from the cruise terminals to the Old Port provided by Marseille port authorities on certain days - there's a thread about it on the forum.

Re the calanques from Toulon: you might consider La Ciotat, which is much closer than either Cassis or Marseille and which has a couple of calanques that are easily accessible from the town centre. In fact as it happens I'm visiting them tomorrow! I'm report back later.

Archived