Grand Turk

teaach

We're due to be in port there on April 4th, on the Liberty. I'll keep you updated.

The folks returning from their 7 day today (3/23) stated that they did skip GT and were given extra time in San Juan.

We were due there next Thursday but I got an email from Carnival stating we won't be going there. They also flopped our ports around.

We are on the 3/30/13 Breeze cruise I have not heard anything yet. You say you got an email that they switched your ports around. Did they replace GT with another port? If so what port?

Anyone know when it will be a cruise line port again? We sail the middle of May.

I wouldn't be in a hurry based on this story:

http://www.caribbeannewsnow.com/headline-Source-of-virus-outbreak-at-Turks-and-Caicos-cruise-port-may-have-been-located-15093.html

Also, on some of the HAL boards, posts have indicated they have replaced the call to GT with an overnight in San Juan. :D:D

Also, on some of the HAL boards, posts have indicated they have replaced the call to GT with an overnight in San Juan. :D:D

Now that wouldn be cool. I hope to hit GT as thatsd a snorkleing day for my family but an overnight in PR would be great.

I dont know why they cant stil go to GT and just tell folks to not eat or drink off the ship. The ship is close enough to go back to to get food and drink.

I just got this from the dive shop we're supposed to be using in GT on our April 1 Carnival Breeze stop.

"One additional update: Carnival Corp. held a meeting today on Grand Turk and said they are planning to resume port calls here on 1 April, although the final decision remains in the hands of each cruise line operation."

Hope this is true. We really want to dive there.

Archived