Drunk or drunk

hockeypapa

my daughter told me one could bring wine. I'm not that much of a wine person but do like wine coolers. so my question would be can one bring wine coolers if you able to carry wine? If not why not?

How many bottle of wine do they allow you to bring onboard?

I'm not sure this question got answered... "Wine coolers" have nothing to do with "wine" - they are a malt beverage (i.e. "fruity beer"). Beer and wine coolers are not allowed to carried on. Now, *why* Carnival allows you to carry on wine but not beer and wine coolers, I can't answer.

:-)

Another one who can't do math !!

Why? The quote is correct- a 750ml bottle of wine does have less alcohol than a 750ml bottle of liquor. Yubasutter isn't talking about the serving size of wine versus the serving size of liquor.

Not true. One 12 oz beer, one 5 oz glass of wine and 1 oz of liquor all have the same amount of alcohol. 1 beer, 1 glass wine, 1 mixed drink; all equivalant !!

Some beers barely push 3% some hover hear 6%. some wines are around 9% and some up to (especially my homemade mead) around 12%. and hard liquor varies a lot.

I'm also wondering about carry-on wine/champagne. We've been so looking forward to a glass of champagne in our cabin during sailaway, but I recently was put on a new medication and absolutely cannot drink any alcohol - not even a little bit. :eek: I found a company that sells truly non-alcoholic versions of wine, champagne, sangria, etc. Does anyone know if Carnival will let me bring this aboard? Size is the same as a regular bottle (750ml). :confused:

Thanks for your help!

Yes, I love my NA wines. I would love to know who sells an NA Sangria-We order from a place out in California, but because it has no alcohol in it, they cannot ship during the winter months, (it would freeze in the plane). But yes you can carry one bottle on per person.

Why? The quote is correct- a 750ml bottle of wine does have less alcohol than a 750ml bottle of liquor. Yubasutter isn't talking about the serving size of wine versus the serving size of liquor.

You are correct. But the way it was presented seems as if it he/she was challenging the fact. I am very aware there are different levels of alcohol in beer, wine, liqour. Some are higher octane than others. For agruments sake, the statement assumes that this is an "AVERAGE" beer, wine, liquor.

You are correct. But the way it was presented seems as if it he/she was challenging the fact. I am very aware there are different levels of alcohol in beer, wine, liqour. Some are higher octane than others. For agruments sake, the statement assumes that this is an "AVERAGE" beer, wine, liquor.

Seems like people are mixing up two different issues. You state that a serving of beer has the same alcohol content as a serving of wine or a serving of liquor and as a general rule of thumb that is true (as long as we are talking "standard" alcohol content in the beverages to start with).

Others point out that the number of servings in a bottle of wine compared to the number of servings in a bottle of liquor means that there is more alcohol in the bottle of liquor. This is also true (again, assuming "standard" alcohol content).

Which returns us to the original question- why does CCL allow bottles of wine but not bottles of liquor? Because the bottles of liquor have more servings which would result in less revenue for the cruise line and would allow passengers to get drunker (and because it's their ship and their rules;)).

Yes, I love my NA wines. I would love to know who sells an NA Sangria-We order from a place out in California, but because it has no alcohol in it, they cannot ship during the winter months, (it would freeze in the plane). But yes you can carry one bottle on per person.

What are this NA wines you speak of? Have never heard of such a thing. Could you post a link to more info on this? I find it interesting. It would be a great idea, but it seems wine without alcohol would be juice?

I would like to find a bourbon with the same taste but less alcohol, so I could drink more of it...lol. I love my bourbon and would drink it morning, noon, and night if it weren't for the getting me too drunk part. Just love the taste.

Seems like people are mixing up two different issues. You state that a serving of beer has the same alcohol content as a serving of wine or a serving of liquor and as a general rule of thumb that is true (as long as we are talking "standard" alcohol content in the beverages to start with).

Others point out that the number of servings in a bottle of wine compared to the number of servings in a bottle of liquor means that there is more alcohol in the bottle of liquor. This is also true (again, assuming "standard" alcohol content).

Which returns us to the original question- why does CCL allow bottles of wine but not bottles of liquor? Because the bottles of liquor have more servings which would result in less revenue for the cruise line and would allow passengers to get drunker (and because it's their ship and their rules;)).

Exactly!

Not true. One 12 oz beer, one 5 oz glass of wine and 1 oz of liquor all have the same amount of alcohol. 1 beer, 1 glass wine, 1 mixed drink; all equivalant !!

You are speaking per volume. So a 750ml bottle of wine only yields about 5, 5oz glasses of wine. But a 750ml bottle of Scotch yields about 25, 1 ounce shots of Scotch. That's 5 times as much alcohol as what's in the same sized bottle of wine. In any case, your analogy is wrong on another level: It takes 1 1/2 ounces of 80 proof (40%alcohol) liquor to equal the alcohol content of a 12 oz beer or a 5 oz glass of wine. And that is a rough estimate; the proof of the liquor as well as the alcohol content in the wine or beer can vary thus changing the equivalents. Statistics aside though, you do not need math to realize that one person alone could consume a 750ml bottle of wine in, say, 3 hours, and not be intoxicated. But, if they consumed 750ml of Scotch in the same time period, they'd be under the table and then some. Think about it.

If you google "MADD virgin drinks" you'll find the website. Hope this helps!

Another one who can't do math !!

As a math major in college, I can absolutely do math. You are the one who is confused. A 750 ml bottle of wine has 5 drinks and a 750 ml bottle of booze has about 16 shots. Now, again, which has more alcohol?

As a math major in college, I can absolutely do math. You are the one who is confused. A 750 ml bottle of wine has 5 drinks and a 750 ml bottle of booze has about 16 shots. Now, again, which has more alcohol?

That's some hefty shots there pardner!

There is about 25 oz in a 750 ml bottle... so a 1.5 oz shot would be 17 and a bit more. 16 shots would be even bigger....

As for which has more alcohol... well a fortified wine like Morgan David "table wine" or more usually called Mad Dog 20/20 is - you guessed it, 20% alcohol or 40 proof, whereas Bailey's is is 34 proof or 17% alcohol.

SO in this case the "wine" has more alcohol...

See math can be confusing... or is it after a few?

750ml of wine will have less alcohol than 750ml bourbon. 1 serving of wine has approximately the same amount of alcohol as 1 serving of bourbon. Less servings in a bottle of wine.

:confused: WHY CAN YOU BRING A BOTTLE OF WINE ON BOARD PER ADULT BUT CAN NOT BRING A BOTTLE OF YOUR FAVORITE SPIRITS:p I KNOW THAT THE SHIPS WANT ALL THE MONEY THEY CAN GET BUT YOU CAN GET DRUNK ON EITHER ONE DOESN T SEEM FAIR:eek:

Because Carnival makes much more on the 1/3 jigger of liquor they put in well drinks.

I wonder if it has to do with the same line of thinking that makes home distillation of spirits against federal law, but the making of beer and wine is perfectly legal as far as the feds are concerned and also as far as almost every state in the union is concerned.

750ml of wine will have less alcohol than 750ml bourbon. 1 serving of wine has approximately the same amount of alcohol as 1 serving of bourbon. Less servings in a bottle of wine.

Thank GOD Hank !!! Someone who finally gets it !! This one seems to have even stumped the "math majors"....

That's some hefty shots there pardner!

There is about 25 oz in a 750 ml bottle... so a 1.5 oz shot would be 17 and a bit more. 16 shots would be even bigger....

As for which has more alcohol... well a fortified wine like Morgan David "table wine" or more usually called Mad Dog 20/20 is - you guessed it, 20% alcohol or 40 proof, whereas Bailey's is is 34 proof or 17% alcohol.

SO in this case the "wine" has more alcohol...

See math can be confusing... or is it after a few?

You and Yubba hit the nail on the head.

In simple terms, the bottle of wine will provide a total of about 5 to 6 drinks.

The bottle of whiskey will provide a total of about 16 to 18 drinks.

And that is the difference, plain and simple.

Everyone read Hank's answer/reply.......he gets what I have been trying to say all along!

Everyone read Hank's answer/reply.......he gets what I have been trying to say all along!

I don't know what issue you have with Yuba's reply, a bottle of liquor does have more alcohol than a bottle of wine simply because it has more servings (which is what Hank said as well as many others).

I don't know what issue you have with Yuba's reply, a bottle of liquor does have more alcohol than a bottle of wine simply because it has more servings (which is what Hank said as well as many others).

Of course it does. HOWEVER, my original post says that a 12 0z beer, 5 ozs of wine and 1.5 ozs have the same amount of alcholol. This relates to SERVINGS not bottle size!

Archived