Valor Debarkation Time

takevtr1

Jet Blue just changed my return flight home.

We will be on the Valor out of SJU on 8/4.

Our original flight time out of SJU was 1:06pm, which I thought was a good time as we would not have to rush off the ship.

Now they changed us to 11:45am.

I feel this is going to be a real tight turnaround for us. We are not taking the Carnival transfer, we just planned on a taxi. We are a group of 10, and will be traveling with some older folks - in mid-70's. They can move, but I am afraid that this may be too much of a rush not only for me, but for them.

Thoughts please............

Mitch....

We are going to be on the Valor on 4/28 and are also wondering about debarkation times. We are looking at a flight that leaves at 10:30 or 10:45. Wondering if that would give us enough time to get off the ship and to the airport. Does anyone know if they have the self debarkation where you can get off as soon as the ship is cleared? We have done this on other ships.

Jet Blue just changed my return flight home.

We will be on the Valor out of SJU on 8/4.

Our original flight time out of SJU was 1:06pm, which I thought was a good time as we would not have to rush off the ship.

Now they changed us to 11:45am.

I feel this is going to be a real tight turnaround for us. We are not taking the Carnival transfer, we just planned on a taxi. We are a group of 10, and will be traveling with some older folks - in mid-70's. They can move, but I am afraid that this may be too much of a rush not only for me, but for them.

Thoughts please............

Mitch....

You might be fine, but will be pushing it. You'll need to make sure you're off the ship first thing.

We are going to be on the Valor on 4/28 and are also wondering about debarkation times. We are looking at a flight that leaves at 10:30 or 10:45. Wondering if that would give us enough time to get off the ship and to the airport. Does anyone know if they have the self debarkation where you can get off as soon as the ship is cleared? We have done this on other ships.

I wouldn't book that flight. You have to go through (I can't remember their name to save my life right now) before you go through check-in at the airport. If you skip that section first, you will be directed back to that area. Book a later flight out. 1 pm should work. And yes, they have the self debarkation...wait...that was on the Victory, but I'm sure Valor should have it too.

We have our cruise in June and we have received several emails from our airline for flight changes. We are not going to go by the emails they have sent until we get closer to the trip as it keeps changing. Maybe your flight will be the same way. Best to see if the flight changes as it gets closer to you leaving.

I have read on here somewhere that they get into port around 7am and I think start to debark around 7:30 or 8am. But they give you a time the night before of when you can leave. You can also tell them you want to debark yourself (with luggage and all). I have also read that it can be a nightmare trying to get to the airport to catch an early flight as most everyone is doing the same thing. You have to go through agriculture first before going on to the airline check in. It's probably best to make sure you have a afternoon flight if possible or just stay the night and leave the next day. We are staying the night so that we don't have to feel rushed to catch a flight the day of. Hope this helps!

And have fun on your cruise!!

In February they started debarkation shortly after 7:30, so have your people ready to go first thing in the morning and you should be all set. We had a late flight so we had a relaxing breakfast before heading off. Taking a taxi is the way to go.

We just got off last Sunday. If you can self debark, do that. We could have been off by 7-7:30a.

We were assigned zone 28, out of 31, for debarkation which would have put us out around 11:30 or so. We asked at guest services and my wife and I got bumped up to zone 10. We were supposed to get off around 10 but there was a delay and it was around 10:30 when we got off. My sister in law and her husband stayed with zone 28 and it was noon or so when they got off.

Sunday is a hectic day for traffic and it took us about 30 min to get to the airport. Once at the airport the wait wasn't too bad. We were probably at our gate within 30 minutes of arriving at the airport. Other times in SJU it's taken over an hour.

Just off the Valor. If you can do self-disembarkation (keep all of your luggage and carry it off) you will be fine. We were ready at 7:30 when they started calling deck one and by 8:00 we were off of deck 7 and in a taxi to the airport. We wished we had known it was going to that speedy because we would have grabbed a bite for breakfast. I do think there is a time they close down the 'fast-track' to disembark, so you may need to listen for that announcement and get off prior to having to get in line with the people picking up their laggage.

We just got off the Valor on March 17. We had an 11:15 flight time and were worried also. We went to guest services to tell them we had an early flight and they said to just do the self debarkation with all our luggage. They started calling for Self Debarkation around 7:30 by deck(in no certain order, just random deck #'s). We were off by about 8, the customs line wasn't very long. A guy asked us how many people we had, 10. He said follow me, loaded us in a shuttle bus, and we were pulling into the airport by 8:20. It took only 10 minutes! There was not much traffic. We went through the agriculture inspection which took just a few minutes and then to our Air Tran check in where there was a line. We were at our gate by 9:30.

Just off the Valor self assist started @7:30 called by decks 1 -9 then zone 1 was called @ 8:30 we were zone 1 was @ the air port 9:05 and @ 9:35am was sitting @ our gate waiting for a 12:30pm flight u will not have a problem w/ self assist just tell guest service you got a early flight if you dont want to carry your luggage they will give you a zone 1 tag no problem at all..hope this helps.... ps the ship was @ port 6:00 am when I woke up....:D

THANKS everybody.

This is what I was looking for.

I was hoping for a late flight home - why RUSH off the ship on your last day. It kind of ruins the whole vacation experience.

I may call Jet Blue and demand a later flight.

Archived