New to HAL, several questions

motherchic

Hi everyone!
We just booked the Nieu Amsterdam for 2 weeks next february.
1) I was looking for a SECRETS post, but I dont see one, is there one?
2) Can you bring wine aboard? can it be brought into the dinning room?
3) the hydrotherapy pool area, is their a charge? How much? in your opinion, is it worth it?
4) Any suggestions on what we should sign up for early or do?
Thank you. She sounds like a beautiful ship

[B]Hi and Welcome.
You can bring whatever wine you wish aboard. If you drink it in your cabin, there will be no corkage fee. If you drink it in a public lounge or Main Dining Room, there will be a $18 corkage fee for each bottle.

[/B]

[quote name='motherchic']Hi everyone!
We just booked the Nieu Amsterdam for 2 weeks next february.
1) I was looking for a SECRETS post, but I dont see one, is there one?
2) Can you bring wine aboard? can it be brought into the dinning room?
3) the hydrotherapy pool area, is their a charge? How much? in your opinion, is it worth it?
4) Any suggestions on what we should sign up for early or do?
Thank you. She sounds like a beautiful ship[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]1. There is one here somewhere...do a search for secrets.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]2. Yes, you can bring wine on board. You can bring it to the MDR, there's an $18 a bottle corkage fee, and if you do not finish it, your wine steward will store it for you.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]3. Yes...on our recent Ryndam cruise, it was $190 for 2 - and is well worth it. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]4. It's a good idea, IMO, to book the Pinnacle Grill on line pre cruise...also shore excursions that you would like to do... [/SIZE][/FONT]

There are two "HAL Secrets" threads that I know of:

- [FONT=Calibri][URL="http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=50922"][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=50922[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/URL][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2] started in 2004, with the latest post in February 2013[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT]

- [url]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1259139[/url] started in 2010, with the latest post in March 2013
[FONT=Calibri][FONT=Calibri][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][FONT=Calibri][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]Because so many things change over the years, some of what is in the older posts may not still apply, but the recent posts should be helpful. [/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][FONT=Calibri][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2][/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][FONT=Calibri][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]Dave[/SIZE][/FONT] [/FONT][/FONT]

[B]I agree about 'old threads' sometimes not being very accurate today.
Some certainly are but there are so many changes that what was true a year ago may no longer be. If you see something that interests you, verify, IMO.

[/B]

just a note for the o.p.....make sure to bring a wine bottle opener if you bring wine, and intend to drink it in your room. We neglected this little item on a cruise awhile back, and no one seemed to have one :rolleyes:

Archived