Charles de Gaulle Airport

KarenC

Can someone please tell me a little about CDG airport? I have never been through it but now I'm looking at flights to Barcelona. Several of the flights to Barcelona go through Charles de Gaulle airport. I'm sure it's very large. Is it hard to get around in? Are the signs giving directions easy-to-read? I'm looking at Delta flights right now. Could anyone with experience tell me if there are really long distances between gates?

Thank you for any information you can give me.

Can someone please tell me a little about CDG airport? I have never been through it but now I'm looking at flights to Barcelona. Several of the flights to Barcelona go through Charles de Gaulle airport. I'm sure it's very large. Is it hard to get around in? Are the signs giving directions easy-to-read? I'm looking at Delta flights right now. Could anyone with experience tell me if there are really long distances between gates?

Thank you for any information you can give me.

We used CDG for the first time last May and found it easy to navigate. One thing of note was our connecting flight to Nuremberg left from another terminal that was a 10-15 minute ride away via bus. It was a small challenge to figure this out, but we were successful. We used Delta, too.

Much info on CDG can be found on the AirFrance website and the ADP (Aéroports de Paris) site.

Most connections at CDG are better handled walking than riding the bus, especially if the bus is landside.

Opinions on CDG run the complete gamut. It is significantly better than it was a decade ago, and the new T2E concourses are a nice improvement.

As for very long distances, if all depends on your perspective, so no real answer can be given. Specific questions would help.

We were transfer in CDG with Air France when came back from Barcelona to L.A. Air France had ground staff holding signs at the gate and showing transfer passengers to their boarding gates (different destinations). Same thing with British Airway when transferred at Heathrow Airport.

FlyerTalk gave good advice.

We came in to CDG last May and found our way to the Air France Bus (into the city) quite easily. People were friendly and helpful. We did have a way to walk.

I suggest that you read what is available on the airport website, then find out what terminals your flights arrive at or depart from. Try to map out your way to your connecting flight.

Delta has lots of direct flights from Atlanta to Barcelona.

Ever been to Kinshasa? Or Niamey? Those are worse than Cairo in my experience. Much, much worse.

Never been to either of these places and don't plan to go. I suppose we should be comparing airports in Developed countries.

My personal worst airports are O'Hare (unless you don't change terminals) and JFK. Venice is not a good one either.

Atlanta is not so bad with connections, since they have the underground subway system and you don't have to go through security again.

CDG and Frankfurt can be a pain as well.

We did a connection through T2 last September on Air France, Barcelona to Toronto. The signage was fine but I found the walk very long. Our departing gate wasn't listed on the overhead screen. After a snarly staffer gave us the information, we discovered we had passed the security line and had to walk all the way back only to find an unorganized mess. Although it isn't my airport of choice, I wouldn't let it stop me from connecting through it again. I'd just make sure I had tons of time to spare.

On a more superficial note , lots of lovely stores and eateries!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I know!!!! My only regret is that we were so rushed that I didn't have a chance to check any out, other than a quick glance as we sped by. :(

Archived