Can You Specify Who Gets the OBC?

Coastalbreezes

Hi all,

Just booked a cruise and was given $100 OBC because I am a Latitudes member.

My friend who will share my cabin, will be paying for her own on-board charges with her own credit card.

At check-in, may I specify that the OBC is only taken off my charges or do they automatically split it?

Thanks for your answers!

Tracy

Each sailing I have been on any OBC given by NCL was splint between the first two passengers. Though being a latitudes credit that may only go to the member.

You can ask NCL to email you the amenity confirmation and you can see how they broke out the credit on reservation.

Hi all,

My friend who will share my cabin, will be paying for her own on-board charges with her own credit card.

At check-in, may I specify that the OBC is only taken off my charges or do they automatically split it?

Thanks for your answers!

Tracy

They always split it, but since it is yours, you can request they assign it to you. You may want to do that now rather than doing it in front of your friend at the pier.

I bought OBC for my MIL when we sailed Epic. She was in our room, but using her credit card for her expenses. So they assigned the OBC to her. As long as your roommate is using a separate form of payment, they can easily assign it to her. But I would call ahead of time just to get it straightened out before you sail.

Not to throw a wrench into things, but I tried this on the Pearl in October and was not able to reassign the OBC. They had automatically split it between my husband and myself, and I tried to get it all shifted over to me (I had budgeted less spending money for myself than my husband got, anticipating that I would use all of the OBC on spa treatments and such). We had separate accounts, but they still treated everything as one super-account, and it got very confusing.

It wasn't a huge deal for us, since we are married -- and maybe that's why they would not accommodate us -- but I did want to let you know that at least one person tried to reassign OBC and was told No by the onboard ship customer service folks.

Hi all,

Thanks for your answers!

Tracy

You will receive the credit, not your cabin mate if it states that you are the recipient. If it said $100 per cabin, it will be split.

Archived